Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup Final: Hibs v Rangers, Sat 21 May 2016, KO 3.00pm
(16-05-2016, 07:18)Fredstersafool Wrote: I got a text yesterday saying Cummings will sign for them after the final so it's started

Going to be a bit of a come down having to go to sevco after one or two of the clubs mentioned earlier in the year who were after him.  Whistle

Whoever he goes to perhaps they can teach him his right leg is not just for standing on.  Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
(16-05-2016, 09:10)hibeejim21 Wrote: They are signing krancjar,ings,Cummings and Barton in the summer.

That should guarantee second.

Rangers matched up with Barton? What a fitting match up if it happens eh! I also gather he does not come cheap! I think some of these players would far prefer English footie than coming up here pissing aboot in this footie backwater.
Lastly it already looks like Rangers FC is gonna rack up more debt to add to it's current debt and this is an issue that should've been resolved by the Scottish footie authorities who should be setting a 'ceiling' on manageable debts that cover all Scottish footie clubs, esp after the past events of certain football clubs 'living well above their means' and almost bringing the existence of their clubs to an end!! Different topic but ARE WE NEVER GONNA LEARN FROM PAST MISTAKES AND THE IMPORTANT ROLE THAT FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES CAN PLAY IN SAVING CLUBS FROM THEIR OWN FINANCIAL INDISCRETIONS AND UNREASONABLE ASPIRATIONS????

(16-05-2016, 11:11)exeterhibby Wrote:
(16-05-2016, 07:18)Fredstersafool Wrote: I got a text yesterday saying Cummings will sign for them after the final so it's started

Going to be a bit of a come down having to go to sevco after one or two of the clubs mentioned earlier in the year who were after him.  Whistle

Whoever he goes to perhaps they can teach him his right leg is not just for standing on.  Doh

Sparky did the same thing exeterhibby but he now uses his right peg fairly well! As said previously, Hibs should ignore all this predictable disruptive shit and I hope they don't upset a big proportion of Hibs fans by dealing with Rangers after the disgraceful no transfer events of July-Aug last year in the Scotty Allan fiasco - where is this man now?
Bottom line is, just scud the feckers on Saturday and prevent them winning their first Scottish cup. That is all
HHGH
Our opponents haven't played a competitive game in 3 weeks. I think that gives us a live chance,i just hope the players go and give absolutely everything to win it,particularly for the manager as i reckon it will be his last game and i think he and us both deserve a bit of luck.

I'd Play the 3-5-2 and try and stop them down the flanks,don't sit off them and let them play in front of us like celtic did. It's worked before this season and it can again.

They are favourites and rightly so,but anything can happen on the day. My biggest fear is the officials helping them out with a waghorn (pen) if things don't go their way (and all 3 of the match officials have major form on that front) but despite that i'm feeling strangely positive.

They will be gutted,we have seen all the things they have said about the boy on a personal level.

I've heard wee bits of talk of him signing a pre-contract with them and if thats what he wants so be it, but  i don't think the club will be doing business with them any time soon after the scott allan debacle put it that way. 

Cant see cummings at wolves or derby as has been mooted,ffs griffiths was a vastly better player than jason at the same stage and he struggled to make an impact down there. Rangers would be a better move for him.
That's where the club does not have any control over a player or his agent hibeejim. Privately, Hibs would not go out their way to deal with an antagonistic club like Rangers and their media 'hangers on' and that was extensively discussed at Hibs last AGM.
We'll have to see how the Stubbs reign has impacted on finances. Maybe we will deal with anyone now as we have to tighten our belts. Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
Sorry exeterhibby. I disagree. I think Hibs have made quite a lotta money from both cup campaigns and other relative business transactions carried out this season. We'll wait n see if there is a significant impact and I await the ST sales details, which may well have some form of impact on next season if the number of buyers are reduced. IMO Saturday's cup final result will be pivotal in deciding which way many fans will go!
As I thought, the Cup Final Tickets sold out this morning so there will be a full Cabbage support at Hamdump.

Just need the team to turn up now.....for once. Thumb up

GGTTH

(18-05-2016, 12:48)0762 Wrote: Sorry exeterhibby. I disagree. I think Hibs have made quite a lotta money from both cup campaigns and other relative business transactions carried out this season. We'll wait n see if there is a significant impact and I await the ST sales details, which may well have some form of impact on next season if the number of buyers are reduced. IMO Saturday's cup final result will be pivotal in deciding which way many fans will go!

Will be interesting to see 0762, how the pre season pans out. Will tell us a lot as to where the club stands.  Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
I totally agree with you on the amount of cash Hibs have raised this season. Getting to 2 cup finals and the play offs added at least 150,000 (maybe more) extra punters to our attendances so far and will account for nearly £1M in revenue. Add that to the already growing sums in the buy out issue and we should be seeing a nearly settled squad to take on next years Championship.
It looks like the team that starts on Saturday will be totally decimated between players being out of contract and loans finishing so we`ll have to start the new season with a new team and possibly new manager. Hibs fans have been very tolerant over the past 8 seasons,having to watch 7 bosses and nearlt 70 players come and go,but at some point will turn their backs on the club if the board continue running it in it`s present form.
Two seasons we were promised a revolution but it merely consisted of other ways to get us ploughing more money into the club by way of the buy out scheme and keeping Premier league prices. Some of us are still raging at the so called promises being broken.
At least we all have Saturday to look forward to, our luck has to change at some point and I would settle for a very very lucky 1-0 win.
0762 likes this post
I must add there is still a protest opposition at ER 1wattie and I regard that movement as healthy although Petrie previously tried to demonise these fans with what I'd call a cheap political line re them being unacceptably vociferous! As I pointed out to him a couple of years ago after a heated AGM, 'These people are Hibs fans and passionate about Hibs FC, they want change for the better'! That view has not changed but at the moment that opposition is simmering in the background, still hoping, like everyone else, that Hibs will 'turn the corner' and the club will be doing the right things in order to achieve that positive goal.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »