Thread Rating:
Alloa Athletic v Hibs - 09/04/16
Another 3 points will be up for grabs at Recreation Park on Saturday against an Alloa side that have already been relegated. But that doesn't mean we can just turn up and expect to be given the points! Alloa will make sure we have to work hard to get anything from them and their players will be playing for professional pride, as well as the possibility of gaining a move to stay in the Championship.

Will Logan be in goals? Will we rest one of Stokes, Cummings and Keatings? When we will see El Alagui, McGeouch and Fyvie again?

We've nothing to fear except for our own complacency, so we have to make sure it doesn't happen. If we want to gain any advantage from our win on Tuesday night, we have to keep right on Falkirk's heels to take a further boost on to next Tuesday's crunch match.

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
I wont say we have turned the corner quite yet,but we were unlucky v st mirren and the team at least showed some fight against livi to turn it around. We need to get the points here and use our players wisely with other games coming up.

I reckon the 3-5-2 works best for us. Maybe we might try a new keeper for this with the cup game in mind. Is fyvie fit again ? Reckon it will be along the following lines.

Logan

gunnarson
hanlon
mcgregor

bartley/KT
boyle
stephenson
mcginn
henderson

stokes
cummings
Fyvie was on the subs' bench on Tuesday night v Livy but not used. I hope to see Dylan sitting on the bench in this match. Stubbs must field our world class striker, Boyly, and we'll be alright for another solid win!  Wink
Lastly re the complacency that is being referred to, I've previously commented I believe some Hibs players are 'saving their efforts' for bigger matches and that view has not changed one jot - IMO totally unacceptable but how can a manager control that kinda attitude?
" IMO totally unacceptable but how can a manager control that kinda attitude?"

In the old days i believe a firm boot up the hole was administered.
Ha ha ha Laugh But it's not pc now hibeejim. I've been corrected on that score before by certain 'modern day coaches'!  Sick
Oh, but Hibs are shite.
FFS guys!!! Are you intent on dropping to 4th place??? Poor result today, I know these things happen but your form is so poor in the league!! Got to forget the cup games somehow, the chances of promotion are slipping every week!!!
We lost to the goal that never was - ball not over the line, AR indicates that very fact to the ref but the ref awards a goal - a total farce! Doh  However, that doesn't dismiss the misfiring behaviour of Hibs strikers AGAIN!! Thumb down About 15-16 shots on goal and everyone of them f###### about again! Cummings hauled off in the second half, Keatings hauled off as well and Stokes should've been off as well. I previously commented in another thread that some Hibs players are saving themselves for bigger matches and that's the problem 'in a nutshell' - totally unacceptable and I'll bet the manager will not wanna debate the issue and no f###### wonder!
Goal or no goal at this stage we shouldn't be struggling against a part time team which is already down.

Again Stubbs showing he has no plan b or c etc. Championship again for us next season as there is no way this side can play 6 positive  games in the play offs to go up. Questions are when and how does Stubbs go and what effect have Thomson and Stokes had especially in the dressing room?    Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep exeterhibby! There's another topic that covers this subject but Stubbs still has the resources to turn things around! He played Fyvie and he fielded Gunnarson alongside Hanlon in today's game because McGregor is out of the semi-final. Like you, I'm losing faith in Stubbs and the next Falkirk match at ER will endorse that view or restore some belief.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »