Thread Rating:
It's a welcome Easter break but where does Stubbs go from here?
(27-03-2016, 21:04)1Wattie Wrote: TWG
The way things are going at Ibrox it might be many years before you see new top silverware in your trophy cabinet again.
If you manage the SC this year you will see where I`m coming from

No chance.  We'll be back amongst the trophies soon enough.
The rangers have never been amongst the major trophies
(28-03-2016, 01:23)Fredstersafool Wrote: The rangers have never been amongst the major trophies

Maybe not Fred, but space already cleared for the Pertrofac.   Wink  .......sorry didn't have to clear any space, I forgot  Whistle  lol
"FOREVER UNITED"
That is not a major trophy the Scottish amateur is worth winning more than that lump if lead lol
(28-03-2016, 11:11)Fredstersafool Wrote: That is not a major trophy the Scottish amateur is worth winning more than that lump if lead lol
You could say the same for the league cup if you want to use that as an anology.
(25-03-2016, 01:15)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Winning the Scottish Cup doesn't rank anywhere near the league Championship. Stellar difference and I don't care how long you've been waiting for it.

How many games to win SC? 6 unless you're a rank outsider.

To win the league? 36 and all against ranking opposition.

There's no way I can imagine any fan who had the chance of winning either the league or SC opting for the latter. Not even Hibs fans, twisted bunch that they are.

Agree and disagree with this!!  For both Rangers and Hibs, the SC is far less important than promotion to the Prem.  Don't get me wrong, great day out and a nice trophy for sure, but not if it comes at the expense of promotion for either team.  Of course by the time the semis come around Rangers may already have promotion wrapped up, at which point the SC becomes the most important games, but for Hibs the league games either side of the semi are far more important than the cup!!

For the two prem teams still in the cup, different priorities for each of them, expectation for Ronnie and Co is to win the league and the cup as a minimum, so they will be up for it.  For Dundee Utd, this could be the only bright spot in a dismal season, so they will want to win it for different reasons.
Agreed Coop but it's poles spart
(28-03-2016, 19:22)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(25-03-2016, 01:15)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Winning the Scottish Cup doesn't rank anywhere near the league Championship. Stellar difference and I don't care how long you've been waiting for it.

How many games to win SC? 6 unless you're a rank outsider.

To win the league? 36 and all against ranking opposition.

There's no way I can imagine any fan who had the chance of winning either the league or SC opting for the latter. Not even Hibs fans, twisted bunch that they are.

Agree and disagree with this!!  For both Rangers and Hibs, the SC is far less important than promotion to the Prem.  Don't get me wrong, great day out and a nice trophy for sure, but not if it comes at the expense of promotion for either team.  Of course by the time the semis come around Rangers may already have promotion wrapped up, at which point the SC becomes the most important games, but for Hibs the league games either side of the semi are far more important than the cup!!

For the two prem teams still in the cup, different priorities for each of them, expectation for Ronnie and Co is to win the league and the cup as a minimum, so they will be up for it.  For Dundee Utd, this could be the only bright spot in a dismal season, so they will want to win it for different reasons.

Maybe I should have been clearer: by league championship I meant the top league, whatever it's name at the time. However I'll include promotion  in the ranks of more important matters.

If hibs fans would rather win the Scottish Cup than gain promotion that's something that I just can't understand.
St Charles Owl likes this post
(28-03-2016, 19:49)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Maybe I should have been clearer: by league championship I meant the top league, whatever it's name at the time. However I'll include promotion  in the ranks of more important matters.

If hibs fans would rather win the Scottish Cup than gain promotion that's something that I just can't understand.

Yes, I did know you were referring to the League Championship title, I just put the conversation into the context of this seasons semi finals.  Completely agree that promotion to the top division is far more important for a club as a whole, irrespective of which club that is!!
It's not exactly the most invigorating top league at the current time but I 'get your drift'. Also Hibs fans would luv to see the Hibs winning the Scottish Cup and gaining promotion! That would exorcise a few ghosts and footie myths that have built up down the years! I wish! Whistle
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »