Thread Rating:
The real story/explanation unfolds - a Stokes rift and a dressing room split!
As feared by a number of Hibs Sportsbabble posters incl myself, it transpires there is already a problem with Anthony Stokes! He was not ill. He was actually dropped v Dumbarton after a fall out with Stubbs and George Craig because of his unacceptable behaviour. I've also been informed this morning there is a dressing room split and that info explains a lot to me re some of the questionable behavioural issues/poor form that I've previously mentioned. I knew there was something wrong - now it's become more transparent! And guess who is the main instigator? Yep you've got it! I'd bin him now and send him back to his manager, Deila, who rightly has no time for Stokes either! The timing of this ludicrous episode, weeks before a cup final, is hugely disappointing and our strength was a unified dressing room which Stubbs praised in previous interviews! His gamble has failed to redress our  lack of goals and we need strong management to effectivrly deal with this whole issue. As Hibs fans, this is not the first time that this problem has arisen in potentially good Hibs sides and I despair watching this scenario unfold again. I just hope that Hibs management team, incl Leeann Dempster, can swiftly deal with this disruption as there is still a lot to play for until the season ends!
Can't understand why Stubbs signed him in the first place. The man causes issues wherever he goes. He cares more about celebrity than he does his job. Absolute banger.
Yep! We have had our disagreements re certain issues supercooper but I concur with these criticisms. I can understand why Stubbs targeted Stokes - in order to redress the shortage of goals and a clear weakness of too many wasted goal opportunities in hugely dominated games. But this guy's black history and disrespect was always a stand out factor! What an error of judgement and now observing Hibs fans are standing back to see if this error is a fatal one or we hopefully see a young manager quickly get 'back on track' with the assistance of his management team. Testy times ahead and I hope they are without Stokes, no matter what the outcome is! Going to a night club and then missing training (if true) is unacceptable and the man doesn't wanna 'toe the line' at all. No surprise TBF!
As I see it, the reason he turned down 2 top flight sides and instead wanted to go to Hibs was purely so he could try to help beat us. It otherwise makes no real sense for a player trying to earn his way into his national side to drop down a division unnecessarily. With that looking increasingly unlikely I'd think he's now just going to resent being there at all.
I've just been text to tell 0762 that he is talking pish lol,just the messenger so don't shoot me,personally it wouldn't be a shock the mans a cock
He doesn't appear to be too bright up top TBH but that's not a new phenomenon in football. The overriding factor for me is that he has a past history of disrupting a Hibs dressing room and that would've made me very wary re signing him up again! Also I thought his recent interview with the press was ridiculous when he commented that he wanted to get back a 1st team spot with Celtic Thumb down He was playing for Hibs and IMO that comment was ill advised. But that is typical Stokes' off the cuff behaviour!
Wouldn't surprise me if its true,he was binned by deila because of his attitude after all.

However I think the results this week are more to do with Cummings and oxleys form collapsing completely.
Of course Cummings and Oxley's degraded form is a factor! We've observed that failure first hand. However, it's a team game and don't you think it's ironic that we've travelled to Dumbarton again, dropped another 3 pts, and the previous duff result at the same ground centred on a debate that Hibs' dressing room atmosphere was disrupted during the Scott Allan fiasco. That sorry episode in August 2015 was discussed and extensively debated with Alan Stubbs at Hibs AGM in December. My perception during that debate was how fragile that atmosphere can be and it confirmed that we didn't have too many dominant characters like, for example, Pat Stanton or Scott Brown, who would 'nip this shit in the bud' and get on with the football. Stubbs has consistently hailed the really good atmosphere within Hibs dressing room and I'm sure that has been a big factor in Hibs turnaround esp during matches that have not gone as expected but they've 'toughed it out' and protected their unbeaten record. A big question: Why risk damaging that unified dressing room atmosphere by moving for such a maverick player like Stokes??? IMO utter folly and I'm already picking up even more reliable info, from Hibs sources, to confirm this story! What a joke and the timing of it is absolutely dreadful!!!! Thumb down
Poor Tynie wants this scenario to be true so badly, it's ridiculous.

I guess it has to be something, we should be thankful it's not those weegie refs this time.
"Aw naw, signing "Stokesy" husnae won us the league."

It has given you someone to blame though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »