Thread Rating:
Dumbarton v Hibs
No,the point being made was we would use an excuse that doesn't make sense if we lost a game we had no expectations from our support to win...allegedly.  The gloatfest is just becoming daft now.

If we win the scottish cup no one would give a xxxx about another year in the championship  Laugh
(02-03-2016, 23:24)hibeejim21 Wrote: No,the point being made was we would use an excuse that doesn't make sense if we lost a game we had no expectations from our support to win...allegedly.  The gloatfest is just becoming daft now.

If we win the scottish cup no one would give a **** about another year in the championship  Laugh

No, that was a qualifying statement: 

You - "No expectations from our support to beat the jambos?

I do not think so. The team showed huge bottle to get it to a replay and handled the pressure of the return fine."

Coops - "But go into meltdown at must win games. Had you lost against Hearts the prem card would have been played, citing the usual guff."

Fuq, truly you are desperate to win a cup.  I'd happily have gone out of every cup competition at the 1st round to have gotten back to the premiership a season earlier.
Dont understand - The hearts game at easter road was must win,so was the rangers game at easter road. There was considerable pressure on the team and they didn't 'meltdown'

The league was done after the disaster v morton and i think whats happened afters is to do with that. By all accounts we were pretty unlucky last night so I'm hopeful for the rest of the season.

Desperate to win the scottish cup WG.... for fucks sake have you any idea what its been like hearing the crowing about that from hertz fans all my football supporting life  Laugh
0762 likes this post
(02-03-2016, 20:42)hibeejim21 Wrote: We have already beats several top flight clubs this season so that wouldn't wash.

A bit like you.

Which will count for nothing at the end of the season if you win nowt.
No gloatfest just pointing out your sides lack of bottle when it really counts. 
Bit like you  Wink
"no gloatfest"

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh  
(03-03-2016, 00:12)hibeejim21 Wrote: Dont understand - The hearts game at easter road was must win,so was the rangers game at easter road. There was considerable pressure on the team and they didn't 'meltdown'

The league was done after the disaster v morton and i think whats happened afters is to do with that. By all accounts we were pretty unlucky last night so I'm hopeful for the rest of the season.

Desperate to win the scottish cup WG.... for fucks sake have you any idea what its been like hearing the crowing about that from hertz fans all my football supporting life  Laugh

Hearts game was never must win - because you would still have it all to play for in the league at that stage.  8 points behind with a game in hand? Nice to win - no doubt.

Easter road game was never must win either as still fairly early in the season. It was only game 12.

Game 18 at Ibrox and a win would have taken you level on points I think.  You got a doing. Even with 10 men we were motoring.

No, I think your team is unfortunate that it hasn't taken that cup form into the games that really mattered this season - the league ones.  And I think that's down to the expectation, the need, to get promoted - a club the size of Hibs can only suffer when it's in the lower divisions and the players must feel that.  I know it crippled Rangers last year.

(03-03-2016, 00:23)hibeejim21 Wrote: "no gloatfest"

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh  

It's tough to gloat when your team's just lying there taking a kicking.  Even we're not that cruel.
The hearts game was a must win - after getting it back to easter road if we had faltered we would never have heard the end of it....it was vital we won.

If we had lost that game to rangers earlier in the season it would have been game over,not far away points wise to where we are now. It was must win.

It doesn't matter now anyway,you can only change the future.
"Hibsing" , "Hibsed" , etc a game is to my mind very specific and only applies at a certain stage of competition especially when we have a good chance to win.

Often we play well and get good results to get us into a position to do something and then collapse at the last hurdle. ......that is then when the terms apply. Although the Hearts game was important it wasn't the final hurdle to achieve something. ( it would have been disappointing but we played well which the Hibs support would have appreciated). Even the league games although disappointing I don't put in this bracket......I still feel the chance of challenging Rangers went when we drew at Livingston. Without strong pressure on them, the way they are playing we were never going to challenge them and we would have to think more about Falkirk. There is now a different sort of pressure with a team breathing down our necks as opposed to chasing a side. .....most games we should win but as we have seen lately.....!

Therefore this season the games this could apply to are:

Scottish Cup : Final and perhaps the semi. ( depending who we are drawn against, eg: yes if Morton, no if Celtic)

Wee Cup final ( although we are playing a premier side so are underdogs)

Championship: last game with Falkirk if we need to win to get second. ( perhaps but still not the end of the World)
playoffs but especially the last game / decider.......most important game left in the season.....if we get there!

Stubbs has already experienced this in the Scottish Cup semi final last year v Falkirk and to a lesser extent v Rangers in the play offs.

Out of all the games mentioned I think the Championship games are now becoming the most important so we stay ahead of Falkirk and then only have a possible 4 games in the play offs. The cups are important but I think we will have to play Premier sides in all the remaining games so its half expected we will lose and as long as we give a good account in the competitions many in the Hibs support will accept it.

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
0762 likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
I don't regard the league cup as "wee" - since you can only draw league sides to progress it can be more difficult to win than the Scottish Cup.

Competitions are of equal value IMO.
(03-03-2016, 12:58)exeterhibby Wrote: "Hibsing" , "Hibsed" , etc a game is to my mind very specific and only applies at a certain stage of competition especially when we have a good chance to win.

Often we play well and get good results to get us into a position to do something and then collapse at the last hurdle. ......that is then when the terms apply. Although the Hearts game was important it wasn't the final hurdle to achieve something. ( it would have been disappointing but we played well which the Hibs support would have appreciated). Even the league games although disappointing I don't put in this bracket......I still feel the chance of challenging Rangers went when we drew at Livingston. Without strong pressure on them, the way they are playing we were never going to challenge them and we would have to think more about Falkirk. There is now a different sort of pressure with a team breathing down our necks as opposed to chasing a side. .....most games we should win but as we have seen lately.....!

Therefore this season the games this could apply to are:

Scottish Cup : Final and perhaps the semi. ( depending who we are drawn against, eg: yes if Morton, no if Celtic)

Wee Cup final  ( although we are playing a premier side so are underdogs)

Championship: last game with Falkirk if we need to win to get second. ( perhaps but still not the end of the World)
                      playoffs but especially the last game / decider.......most important game left in the season.....if we get there!

Stubbs has already experienced this in the Scottish Cup semi final last year v Falkirk and to a lesser extent v Rangers in the play offs.

Out of all the games mentioned I think the Championship games are now becoming the most important so we stay ahead of Falkirk and then only have a possible 4 games in the play offs. The cups are important but I think we will have to play Premier sides in all the remaining games so its half expected we will lose and as long as we give a good account in the competitions many in the Hibs support will accept it.

'mon Hibs

GGTTH

Stubbsy recently commented in a bbc interview that he is striving to change the 'why us' culture at ER Stadium after talking to so many different Hibs fans ever since arriving at ER from Everton FC. That includes me when I had a brief cordial discussion with him after the AGM in December. He knows the score and he is aware of the 'hurt' that is evident amongst a broad spectrum of Hibs fans and it's good that he knows these issues in order to orchestrate hopefully a different type of serious challenge coming from future Hibs sides, a challenge with a lot more belief that we can eventually succeed. In order to do that you change that kinda negative culture and he's trying very hard to do that! I hope he succeeds on behalf of a terrific Hibs support, one of the best supports in Scottish football! But I'm biased of course! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »