Thread Rating:
Dumbarton v Hibs
No expectations from our support to beat the jambos?

I do not think so. The team showed huge bottle to get it to a replay and handled the pressure of the return fine.
0762 likes this post
Agreed on that score hibeejim. A huge Hibs support showed up for that replay and it was an expectant support that knew we'd beat Hearts if the team showed up! They deserved to win the match more emphatically too but they won it all the same!
Hibs have had a couple of bad games but we should be remembering the 17 or 18 games before hand when we managed to overcome 4 Premiership clubs in the cup competitions.
Our dip in form may well be due to the rumoured unrest in the dressing room or the bad influence Stokes has had since his loan spell started but hopefully we can get back to winning ways mid week. To those citing unrest in the team I ask this- If that were the case why did the players give their all to fight back from 3 down to Dumbarton and almost snatch a draw?
As a long suffering Hibee I can remember more than a dozen occasions when our bad run stretched into 8 or 10 matches so I remain optimistic that it will end soon.
Alan Stubbs was forced into making 7 changes for the Morton game and that upset the balance of the team, we played badly and lost 3-0.
The team need our support now, if we fail the run will just continue.
(28-02-2016, 22:39)1Wattie Wrote: Hibs have had a couple of bad games but we should be remembering the 17 or 18 games before hand when we managed to overcome 4 Premiership clubs in the cup competitions.
Our dip in form may well be due to the rumoured unrest in the dressing room or the bad influence Stokes has had since his loan spell started but hopefully we can get back to winning ways mid week. To those citing unrest in the team I ask this- If that were the case why did the players give their all to fight back from 3 down to Dumbarton and almost snatch a draw?
As a long suffering Hibee I can remember more than a dozen occasions when our bad run stretched into 8 or 10 matches so I remain optimistic that it will end soon.
Alan Stubbs was forced into making 7 changes for the Morton game and that upset the balance of the team, we played badly and lost 3-0.
The team need our support now, if we fail the run will just continue.

Wattie - because Stokes was not in the team.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
What's the odds that Stokes will be in the starting 11 for every eligible game for the rest of the season?
TWG - believe me, he'll be "injured". Whistle
TheWorthinGer likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
(28-02-2016, 14:45)hibeejim21 Wrote: No expectations from our support to beat the jambos?

I do not think so. The team showed huge bottle to get it to a replay and handled the pressure of the return fine.

But go into meltdown at must win games. Had you lost against Hearts the prem card would have been played, citing the usual guff.
We have already beats several top flight clubs this season so that wouldn't wash.

A bit like you.
Yep! 5 x cup ties v Premiership clubs - 4 wins and a draw after giving the Premiership team two goals of a start! Thumb up
(02-03-2016, 20:42)hibeejim21 Wrote: We have already beats several top flight clubs this season so that wouldn't wash.

A bit like you.

I think the point being made is that your team was the lower league underdog in those games.  The past week has shown fragility against teams you are expected and expecting to beat.

Surely you'd swap 4 of the cup victories against premiership opposition for wins in the league?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »