Thread Rating:
Dumbarton v Hibs
(27-02-2016, 23:56)hibeejim21 Wrote: 6 goals in two games lost....that tells us everything we need to know.

Yep your side can't handle pressure.
TheWorthinGer likes this post
(27-02-2016, 23:59)0762 Wrote: At the moment, IMO the Stokes signing was a total mistake and Malonga was a better option. However, Dom was not a prolific goal scorer either and we're forgetting what a lazy b#### he could be in certain matches. What puzzles me re the goalie situation is the fact that Virtanen can't be that bad a goalie, otherwise Stubbs would never have signed the big Finn! So it looks like Stubbs is 'taking a chance' and giving Oxley the 'benefit of the doubt' - mistaken loyalty? I wonder how many managers made that error in years gone by! But we've previously observed the worst side of Oxley and at this stage of the winter season as well. Personally I'd never play Oxley in the upcoming cup final at Hampden Park because he does not dominate his pen box and I have previous bad memories of a cup semi-final v Falkirk, a game that we dominated for about 75% of the match and lost to one breakaway attack that was dreadfully defended with Oxley doing exactly what he's good at - not reading and dealing with a cross ball and assassinating the opposition forward if necessary with the appropriate thumping challenge! He doesn't play this way and he'll never change being hesitant in such situations!
One last comment re the insinuation that Hibs are 'coasting along' - we can see that these players 'raise their game' in higher profile matches - that's absolutely clear and, as Ritchiebaby has commented in a previous thread, that is unacceptable in a situation when we still had an outside chance of winning the Championship but they definitely gave it up v Morton. The Dumbarton result just confirmed that mindset and certain players are indeed 'saving themselves' for 'other matches'. That attitude is not required and they can f### off as far as I'm concerned. I aint attending any cup final and I'm gonna convince my other accomplices not to bother travelling either if Hibs continue in this vein!  

Purely for the avoidance of any misunderstanding, I "liked" 0762's post before he added the last paragraph and I certainly don't subscribe to the view that Hibs fans should not attend the Cup Final. Other than the last two sentences, I agree with his post.
Cabbage is still good for you
(28-02-2016, 01:28)TIN TIN Wrote: That's a shocking attitude Tynie. Encouraging yer mates not to support their team because you now appear to have hit a brick wall!. Supporting your team through thick and thin is what true supporters do IMO. Not many folk get to see their team in cup finals etc, so to entice people not to attend is ridiculous.
From 0762 - not my mates pal!!! They are family members who share similar sentiments and they will not take much convincing either!! And by the way, we've not missed a single Hibs match in this season's Scottish League Cup tourney, so boo to your comment re supporting the team through thick and thin - we've previously done all that anyway. It's a two way affair and, as commented in my previous thread, it's very clear that certain players are saving themselves for other matches - they've not hit a brick wall!! As far as I'm concerned, that's disrespectful to the loyal Hibs fans who follow them!! Apparently there was sporadic fighting amongst Hibs fans at Dumbarton and no f##### wonder! I'm guessing that there are factions of Hibs fans who are fed up with the negative attitude of Hibs players (seen it all before) and they are clashing with the loyal brigade, the 'thick n thin brigade' who preach this nonsense but forget what's being observed on the pitch!! Raise the profile of the match and these players suddenly decide to show up and play and that's what many Hibs fans are observing and it's being debated on forums like this one and others and that's a fact!! Players picking and choosing matches to play in????? That's not how it works, it's dishonest, and no thanks!!
And by the way Ritchiebaby, I'm not encouraging any Hibs fan not to attend the cup final - free world, it's a special occasion and good luck to them and to Hibs. I'm more critical of the serious commitments of Hibs players, as previously described: I think it's dishonest and that view is totally based on observations in the past three or four matches and these sentiments are similarly shared by the family members who normally travel with me! Indeed, you've touched on the same issue/criticism in a previous thread and you're clearly watching the same irritating behaviour/form as we're observing against very poor opposition!! In my case there's no way I'll be attending any cup final unless attitudes change dramatically on the pitch! Stubbs preached this all out commitment/team spirit a couple of months ago and it was good! IMO that commitment changed for the worse about four or five matches ago but it suddenly reappeared in the 'bigger games'!! Thumb down
Easy to support a winning team, eh.
We all bitch moan as fans but that is as a defeatest attitude that can be taken. Part time supporters indeed.
"I aint attending any cup final and I'm gonna convince my other accomplices not to bother travelling either if Hibs continue in this vein! "

"I'm not encouraging any Hibs fan not to attend the cup final"

Spot the contradiction.

(And check the time.)
xxxx me one minute he's going to convince fans not to attend then denying it,you've excelled yerself this time lol

By the way I know a few Hi s fans who are in a bad financial way and would love yer ticket 0762 so if you want to donate it them let me know
(28-02-2016, 01:33)supercooper Wrote:
(27-02-2016, 23:56)hibeejim21 Wrote: 6 goals in two games lost....that tells us everything we need to know.

Nonsense.

The side has won several high pressure games against top flight opposition this season. 
There's another plausible explanation hibejim - read my post on the real story that has unfolded!
(28-02-2016, 11:45)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(28-02-2016, 01:33)supercooper Wrote:

Nonsense.

The side has won several high pressure games against top flight opposition this season. 

As an underdog with absolutely no expectations yes. As soon as expectation kicks in the usual crumbling.

And if Stokes is as much to blame as you say, then it speaks volumes about the character of other players.
TheWorthinGer likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »