Thread Rating:
Scottish fitba ref Craig Thomson - partial, impartial or just a total Hearts numpty?
Another vintage performance from clownshoes last night.
I watched this farce as well and that was another vintage crappy display by Thomson against Celtic this time. Boyata's outrage re that free kick award/red card was absolutely justifiable and again it exposes the questionable weakness of the last man red card punishment ever since it was introduced all these years ago; IMO the rule should've been refined well before now. As for the pen incidents, I thought he got the second Celtic pen right but too many refs still don't wanna penalise this kinda offence of wrapping your arms around an opponent and impeding a player's mobility - a stonewall pen all day long!!
The red card was a farce, the first penalty was a farce, the second penalty was technically correct, but the issue remains about consistency. He won't give that one again all season, yet chose to do so last night. Seems arbitrary at best.
(27-02-2016, 13:47)0762 Wrote: I watched this farce as well and that was another vintage crappy display by Thomson against Celtic this time. Boyata's outrage re that free kick award/red card was absolutely justifiable and again it exposes the questionable weakness of the last man red card punishment ever since it was introduced all these years ago; IMO the rule should've been refined well before now. As for the pen incidents, I thought he got the second Celtic pen right but too many refs still don't wanna penalise this kinda offence of wrapping your arms around an opponent and impeding a player's mobility - a stonewall pen all day long!!

An atrocious ref who seems to get a free ride whilst the likes of gollum get slaughtered.

We watched the game in mixed company and no one had a good word to say about him. IMO he got all the big calls wrong.
It just confirms how many awful refs haunt Scottish footie and have done it for years without being formally challenged by the relevant footie authority!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »