Thread Rating:
Stubbsy - soon to be a legend alongside Mogga or Eddie T?
It's certainly becoming clear that Stubbs' Hibs team is really starting to take shape. I liked certain mid and defensive positions being interchanged v Saint Johnstone. Definitely not total footie but the methodology to give more freedom to certain players was impressive. And driving at pace through the centre of any defence was a joy to watch. I hope he employs the same tactic in our next match at Tynecastle after having a beneficial 'flavour'/familiarity of playing on that tight pitch. Stubbs will say that he has not achieved anything yet but he has indeed done a great deal in transforming Hibs first team squad up to the present time and I think there will be further improvement with the players that he now has at his disposal. Interesting times ahead!
ritchiebaby likes this post
As you know 0762 it is a results based industry and it all depends on the success by the end of the season as to whether cabbage fans put him up amongst the likes of Eddie Turnbull. A wee cup win and promotion he will certainly be there but no wins and no promotion they will be calling for him to go.....they are so fickle! Having said that, whatever happens he will  go in the close season, probably to the English Championship.

One thing is certain, if he steers the team to Scottish Cup glory he and all that play that day would all be legends, independant of what happens to promotion.   Smile

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Proem is you lose two of yer players if Celtic get to the final
I think injuries to key players could be as big a factor although the manager, with the backing of Hibs board, has done a sterling job in strengthening the 1st team squad to cover for such an eventuality.
likes this post
We are making progress on and off the park now. Long way to go obviously but still very hopeful we will be playing in the top flight next season.
Doesn't look like you need to worry about Celtic they are getting pumped 3-1
Thought even with 10 men celtic looked better 1st half,but they have fallen apart 2nd.

Griff clearly didnae want to play us  Laugh
Whadya make of ref Thomson's performance?
Thought he was awful,it was a Pk but a red card? Not sure.

The celtic Pk was never a penalty. Seemed to let a lot of stuff go,johanson should have saw red maybe.

He's not very good but there are worse.
Yep! These r similar criticisms to my observations. I always thought Thomson was a shit ref, based on lotsa shit Hibs officiation down the years but he's one of many ref tossers who have no practical awareness or common sense re certain fitba incidents.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »