Thread Rating:
Rangers v Hibs - 28/12/15
Yep exeterhibby, Fyvie was murder today and the main concern always was who turns up in a game that is played during the festive period. Jason was placed at 13-2 odds with Ladbrokes to score the 1st goal and he made my day on a £10 bet - a  wonderful dummy on Foderingham and a peach of a goal against a team that he loves to score against! Thumb up  Coming back from Ibrox I had to scoff at some of the radio pundits who have attached themselves to the Rangers appreciation society again and were banging on about the great atmosphere - aye, remove the sectarian chants from thousands of highly questionable football fans who call our manager ...a fat, fenian bastard!!!!!!!  Ehhhhhhh???????? Doh  Doh  Doh  Plus add in the Billy Boys song AGAIN Doh  Doh  and it's high time somebody in authority started to apply appropriate fiscal action with a categorical condemnation of this shit behaviour, something that never disappears from the Govan club - hammer them hard in their pockets plus a final warning with further action to follow!! As usual, the Rangers team wins but the club's shit never dislodges from their back sides - a f####g shocker!! Thumb down Thumb down Outrageous behaviour - so why is it ignored and condoned!!!??

PS: Just found out Ladbrokes had set a bonus day on the Cummings bet - whoopeeeeee!! Double the winnings!! Thumb up

Sent from my Android phone
First half was exciting and a good game,2nd half totally lacking in quality at stages pretty agricultural. Bobby madden is another in the hall of fame for pish scottish refs.

Shocking defending was the story from us today,really sloppy in possession at key moments too - Ok the deflection for the 2nd was a sore one but we didn't really deserve anything from the game.

Fyvie had a complete nightmare giving the ball away cheaply,and his feigning off the headbutt was a total embarrassment - hate to see that kind of shit. Halliday should have seen red anyway but still not on. I don't like to see that from hibs players.

On a more disturbing yet predictable note the relentless sectarian songs (including the billy boys which is supposedly banned) being belted out today for the 90 mins was an absolute disgrace to scottish football. Nothing will be done about it ,you will be lucky if its even mentioned. On a day when their team played well their fans truly lived up to their 'scotlands shame' label.
HIBEEJIM - IT SHOULD BE MENTIONED AND THE ISSUE OF SECTARIANISM SHOULD BE EMPHATICALLY DEALT WITH - YOU KNOW IT AND I KNOW IT AND YET IT'S THE BIGGEST COVER-UP IN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE PRACTISE IS DEEMED ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!! Doh  Doh  Doh
Re Bobby Madden, in recent times I've started to like Madden as a referee. - I think he has improved greatly! However, he started applying some bizarre decisions after Jason's opening goal!! IMO Tavernier should've been red-carded for recklessly playing John McGinn through his ankles!!! A straight red card in my book and I remember Rangers FB, Smith, being given a red card for a similar tackle on Hearts FB, Paterson, last season at Tynecastle - reckless and dangerous!! Also Madden conveniently missed Wilson's 1st half trip on McGinn - stopped his driving run into Rangers pen box by tripping him at the ankles - a stonewall pen that Madden was never gonna award but I'd guarantee he would've given it in Hibs pen box!! Doh  He had a good view of that trip!!!! As for Halliday - he retaliated, no argument - red card but I'd rather have seen Fraser react to the retaliatory kick and the retaliatory barge by Halliday TBF!

It will be interesting to see Hibs resolve now. You have carried some fortune of late and were soundly beaten, even with the aid of a 12th man in the referee. And Fyvie is a disgrace hopefully charges are coming his way.
(28-12-2015, 20:22)0762 Wrote: HIBEEJIM - IT SHOULD BE MENTIONED AND THE ISSUE OF SECTARIANISM SHOULD BE EMPHATICALLY DEALT WITH - YOU KNOW IT AND I KNOW IT AND YET IT'S THE BIGGEST COVER-UP IN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE PRACTISE IS DEEMED ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!! Doh  Doh  Doh
Re Bobby Madden, in recent times I've started to like Madden as a referee. - I think he has improved greatly! However, he started applying some bizarre decisions after Jason's opening goal!! IMO Tavernier should've been red-carded for recklessly playing John McGinn through his ankles!!! A straight red card in my book and I remember Rangers FB, Smith, being given a red card for a similar tackle on Hearts FB, Paterson, last season at Tynecastle - reckless and dangerous!! Also Madden conveniently missed Wilson's 1st half trip on McGinn - stopped his driving run into Rangers pen box by tripping him at the ankles - a stonewall pen that Madden was never gonna award but I'd guarantee he would've given it in Hibs pen box!! Doh  He had a good view of that trip!!!! As for Halliday - he retaliated, no argument - red card but I'd rather have seen Fraser react to the retaliatory kick and the retaliatory barge by Halliday TBF!

Yup,only hibs could land a '12th man' like that  Laugh He got stuff wrong for both teams today though to be fair, i just don't think he is a very good ref. But the defeat was down to us gifting rangers all their goals on a plate nothing else.

Undefeated in 17 games til today,thats some run of luck. We are right in there with a shout for the league. To be in that position from where we were early on - well i'm more than happy with that.
0762 and like this post
Played off the park today and Madden let a lot go in the first half, thought cummings was offside for your first, not seen a replay yet, but some of the free kicks he gave were bizzare . Fyvie should be done for simulation, and as for gifting goals Foderingham single handedly gave you the second. You have carried luck the last couple of games. The winner last week was an example of that. Rangers simply outplayed you today, and Stubbs was firmly schooled by Warbs.
The rangers by far the better team even with ten men
It's a good 3 points now hopefully kick on now.
(28-12-2015, 22:02)Fredstersafool Wrote: The rangers by far the better team even with ten men

Going by today the top 6 in the top flight would destroy both of us Fred.
(28-12-2015, 22:25)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(28-12-2015, 22:02)Fredstersafool Wrote: The rangers by far the better team even with ten men

Going by today the top 6 in the top flight would destroy both of us Fred.

To be fair, most said the same thing about Hearts last season when they ran away with the Championship, but so far they have more than held their own!!  Either of these teams have the capability to strengthen their squads in the summer if they win promotion, and that should see them in the top half of the table if they buy wisely!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »