Thread Rating:
Stubbs in for two players in January!
As 1Wattie has previously alluded, it keeps Jason in the limelight if he keeps scoring goals but we need him to perform as well as a few of our other goal scorers in a joint effort to start racking up the goals. Every club has it's asking price and Hibs are no different but I still think they'll hold until the summer at least - no rush as his contract with the club is secure for quite a while.
Niklas Gunnarsson , a Norwegian defender, expected to sign within the next 24 hours. On loan to start but a permanent move a possibility. Apparently has a long throw which I always like in a defender as it can cause panic in the oppositions defence and can be as good as a corner.

Apparently still looking at the Dunfermline forward also.
"FOREVER UNITED"
You`re right 0762 every club has a price that it will accept for any given player but my view is we have all stood by Hibs recently whilst we have become almost the most expensive team to watch in Scotland. If the board recognise this they
need to give the fans something back and an ideal way to do this is to leave the team alone until at least the Summer and possibly beyond. If we let players go in this transfer window we could upset the balance and desire of the team, bearing in mind Falkirk are breathing down our throats and any slip ups may take the runners up spot away from us.
We need to look at establishing ourselves in the SPFL again and that will require a settled team to do so,we would look stupid starting off next season with 5 or 6 new players and then being relegated again.
Piece of the jigsaw, pressure all on Falkirk.
(04-01-2016, 20:02)exeterhibby Wrote: Niklas Gunnarsson , a Norwegian defender, expected to sign within the next 24 hours. On loan to start but a permanent move a possibility. Apparently has a long throw which I always like in a defender as it can cause panic in the oppositions defence and can be as good as a corner.

The norwegian lad is a right back apparently.
Thats his primary position Jim and will be good cover for Gray but he can play anywhere at the back . 6'2" so has good height if he has to cover the centre. Theres good you tube of him training and looks like he can use both feet.  Thumb up

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
(04-01-2016, 23:17)1Wattie Wrote: You`re right 0762 every club has a price that it will accept for any given player but my view is we have all stood by Hibs recently whilst we have become almost the most expensive team to watch in Scotland. If the board recognise this they
need to give the fans something back and an ideal way to do this is to leave the team alone until at least the Summer and possibly beyond. If we let players go in this transfer window we could upset the balance and desire of the team, bearing in mind Falkirk are breathing down our throats and any slip ups may take the runners up spot away from us.
We need to look at establishing ourselves in the SPFL again and that will require a settled team to do so,we would look stupid starting off next season with 5 or 6 new players and then being relegated again.

Promotion failure is certainly not in Dempster's or Stubbs' way of thinking at all 1Wattie but it's still possible as pointed out by a few Hibs shareholders. Dempster's view was that we deal with it if it unfortunately happens. Another positive point I'd make re this issue is the fact that I reckon league reconstruction is definitely gonna happen next season and I wonder if Rod actually knows this. The league cup reformat was just the 1st phase of the bigger reconstruction and talks are ongoing among all interested parties re the final format - a 16 team top league and a choice from various options re the second tier and 3rd tier. The powers that be will clearly not say a word re this issue because of current competitive interest in the Premiership and Championship - it's gonna happen! Watch this space! Strangely enough, Rangers manager, Mark Warburton, recently uttered a cutting remark/criticism that his club had already played Hibs on four occasions before the end of December - that really sums up the joke re too much of the same fixture because of the way our leagues are set up!! 

On a lesser note Hibs trying to work a deal with Killie's young starlet, Gregg Kiltie - reported on bbc sport this morning.
(05-01-2016, 11:42)exeterhibby Wrote: Thats his primary position Jim and will be good cover for Gray but he can play anywhere at the back . 6'2" so has good height if he has to cover the centre. Theres good you tube of him training and looks like he can use both feet.  Thumb up

GGTTH

He looks very "norwegian".... If youre allowed to say that these days  Laugh
likes this post
(05-01-2016, 02:13)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 20:02)exeterhibby Wrote: Niklas Gunnarsson , a Norwegian defender, expected to sign within the next 24 hours. On loan to start but a permanent move a possibility. Apparently has a long throw which I always like in a defender as it can cause panic in the oppositions defence and can be as good as a corner.

The norwegian lad is a right back apparently.C

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6029

It's a done deal - confirmed tonight and what a cute piece of business by Stubbs in bolstering Hibs defensive cover. His previous signing of Darren Macgregor was also well done in providing similar defensive cover! Thumb up
Bug 
News of the most recent signings must be the best thing we have heard for ages.
At this time of year our fans look forward to the rest of the season with a mixture of dread and hope because the team are in a bad run or we have lost a player or two through transfers or loans ending. This time there could be light at the end of the tunnel and things might start to go our way. Thumb up Walking Santa`s late but he has a sack full of goodies for us.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »