Thread Rating:
Hibs AGM tomorrow night - questions to ask?
(15-12-2015, 20:44)hibeejim21 Wrote: I'm not so sure,I think if other Scottish clubs keep going the way they are opportunities to succeed will appear. Rangers are going to be nowhere as near as strong as they were in the financially doped years and Celtic have already cut their cloth accordingly but they have their weakest side in many a moon as a result. They will be stronger short term having taken the hit early on but both them and rangers fans will drift away I they aren't winning everything in rangers case or playing in Europe in Celtics.

The old firm is done,it wont ever be like the old days again.

Sad thing will be, they may be done but they will still dominate Scottish Football on and off the pitch increasing the demise further  Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
Unfortunately years of Rangers and Celtic being rammed down bairns throats by the Scottish media , written and t.v. And the GFA bending over backwards tae accommodate them has resulted in the current state of affairs in Scottish fitba'. Clubs overspending tae try and keep up, fans losing interest because they're aware their clubs have nae chance o' competing on a level playing field. The current league set up has only been set up tae profit 2 clubs,Celtic, and until their fall from grace,Rangers. Playing each other 4 times a year gies the bigger clubs wi' financial muscle a distinct advantage. GGTTH
0762 and like this post
Remember the famous meeting of 'the gang of four' paignton - before grfc fell flat on it's face and lost its negotiating clout in the process.
Leeann dempster has referred to the same subject re lost fans and she is trying to sell the rebranded image of hfc to lots of younger fans who she sees as the fans of the future. In other words, introduce them to the idea of supporting hibs and let them develop a soft spot for the club. She has confirmed some success in applying this practise to young kids and their families but it's a long-term objective to put more bums on seats - it wont significantly happen overnight but her policy is a good one.
Actually I think its more likely to be English or Spanish fitba rather than the old firm that's the risk now. Be nice to see a new generation of fans coming in to support a great club like hibs - a club built on integrity,inclusivity and community. We have a lot to be proud of,its just knowing how to reach out.

Of course now loads of kids are growing up more into video games and other sports too...so a big challenge ahead. And no just for hibs either.
Do Hibs do any deals with local schools or with kids in general?? You are spot on to say that most of us older fans went to games with our fathers when we were bairns as you would say. Kids getting hooked are the lifeblood of every team and that needs to be the focus for any club imo. If the club are not doing promotions aimed at kid I would suggest they look at offering free tickets to local schools to any kid who wants them with free tickets for chaperons to come with them or offering a kid for quid with the purchase of a ST or as a one-off with a walk up paying adult. I would even say at the start of the season any adult buying a season ticket can get a cheap (or maybe even free) kids ticket to go with it as long as its either your child or a grandchild. There is nothing any club can do south or north of the border about the exposure the Premier League gets on Sky but clubs can at least try to give kids the chance to actually attend games rather than watch on tv.

One other thing, I would get the club to try to insist that any game you play at home is not being played at the same time as a live tv game from the Prem on Sky. 3pm on a Saturday will be best but if you have to play on another day not being up against a big prem game would increase the chances of more fans turning out. Of course that all assumes the SFPL have any clout to negotiate anything like that with Sky themselves!!!
You sign the deal play when you're told Sco. As for attracting new fans Rangers had the foresight to sell subsidised St in the family stand for kids. We are getting a lot of kids coming to Ibrox now, so the future support looks bright. Hibs problem lies in their existing support feeling disenchanted without attracting new. Hibs are the most exspensive side in the championship to watch. And as long as that continues, then their already small support will dwindle further.
(16-12-2015, 10:56)supercooper Wrote: You sign the deal play when you're told Sco. As for attracting new fans Rangers had the foresight to sell subsidised St in the family stand for kids. We are getting a lot of kids coming to Ibrox now, so the future support looks bright. Hibs problem lies in their existing support feeling disenchanted without attracting new. Hibs are the most exspensive side in the championship to watch. And as long as that continues, then their already small support will dwindle further.

Aye you are right there SC. regarding the price to watch Hibs. The Board took the view that they were going all out for promotion and so have backed AS more than any other manager in recent times. Of course this comes with a price and someone has to pay ......with a smallish number of Season Tickets sold and fan ownership shares not flying out the door the prices were set where they are to try to make the inevitable financial loss as small as possible. 

Some of the Half Season Tickets are OK in price but as I have said before Upper West ST now is £195. There are 7 home games left at £22 and 1 at £28. This is hardly going to get many wanting to part with their money early as they will choose which games to walk up to, although I realise many just wish to support the club financially and want first access to the Scottish Cup Final tickets.    Whistle

What price do Hibs fans feel would be a more realistic cost for tickets.....£20,  £15    Huh   and how many more do we feel that would bring through the gate ?

With regard to SCO's comments regarding playing outside big EPL premiership games this would be impossible to organise. Any little TV money coming North of the Border, has to be grabbed and teams have to play to fit in with their schedule whether this is BT, Sky or Alba. Even at 3.00pm on a Saturday armchair fans have an early EPL kick off which will finish 2.30 ish and then they can do a couple of jobs before sitting down to watch the 5.30 kick off. Travelling to their local club for a normal league game I don't think will cross their minds! Sunday pm usually have 3 EPL games and you haven't even thought about games from Germany, Italy, Spain etc yet.    Doh 

Hibs are very good to their youngsters and offer very cheap ST deals in the Famous Five and always have free  tickets for schools available. Many home games are "kids" games where tickets are cheap for the kids and parents amongst other attractions ( meeting Sunshine the mascot etc )  to encourage as many to become part of the Hibs family as possible.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep! Down the years, Hibs have developed a close association with local schools and their Hibs kids' philosophy has certainly drawn in lots of new young fans who have a strong affiliation to the club. Tom O'Malley (now retired), and other volunteers, played a big part in nurturing this process and Leeann Dempster has confirmed the practise is still ongoing.
On a separate note, Dempster regards the share selling process to be a success with Hibs fans owning about 20% of the club. She acknowledged it was short of the 51% target but money is still coming in through HSL - confirmed at last night's AGM. She also mentioned that Hibs hope to resurrect the share deal as there is still an interest expressed by many Hibs fans to buy more shares - watch this space!
Also I think a perceived fair ticket price would be between £10-£15 - depends on the category of match. But IMO Hibs/Dempster would never set these prices - regarded as a loss maker.
£15 a ticket would be fair for an adult and it would probably add another 2 to 3k each home game. Couple that with food, merchandise etc more money coming in bigger smiles in accountancy. It's not all over for Scottish football, not if radical changes are met, ie summer football is a must. It would be a great trick to entice new fans esp when it's the only show in town for a couple of months.
I think £15 also Coop. Summer football should be a serious proposition but whether the powers that be will bite the bullet and go for it we will have to wait and see....I have my doubts.    Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »