Thread Rating:
My Team Isn't In It This Year.
Angry

I was quite excited by the FA Cup draw for the first round proper. My team, Chesterfield, away at FC United of Manchester.

A team created by fans who want football to get back to its roots - can't be bad. We've signed a couple of their players in the last two years - Charlie Raglan and Ollie Banks. Manchester is only 40-odd miles from Chesterfield. It's a game we'd have a chance of winning. And it might have even cemented a relationship with a club which could provide us with the occasional player in the future. An ideal draw. The magic of the Cup ..... and they might even have beaten us on merit!

Then the FA sold us to BT.

We play Monday night, a time FC United fans specifically don't want. They know the magic of the cup is about Saturday afternoon ..... and they're right. So right!

BT get your frigid, corporate hands off our game! FA stop being such commercial pussies. Try to get it through your thick heads that you have a winning brand if you can only use it, and stop alienating the game's most loyal fans!

As far as I'm concerned we are NOT in the cup this year. Not that we'll suffer a lot for that. Apart from when we got well and truly and David-Ellerayed it's not been our most successful hunting ground. I wish FC United well in the second round.

No wonder our FA was supporting Michel Platini for FIFA President until recently. Judgement has clearly been in short supply amongst the game's self-serving rulers.
Devon, get off the fence man, tell 'em what you mean.

100% in agreement with everything you say. Thumb up

Thursday night FL games are just as bloody stoooooooopid.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
And you are so right too.

The magic of the cup involves even small clubs having a chance to qualify and then everyone plays on Saturday afternoon - Sheffield United or Stourbridge on equal footing, kicking off together. If one tie were taken for a Sunday ko., to be televised terrestrially so everyone could see that would be acceptable ....... but Monday night for a minority of BT viewers and bet-in-play merchants, filling up their schedules on the cheap? Like Thursday night football league games and injecting dangerous drugs into an already-collapsing vein, the answer is JUST SAY NO.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »