Thread Rating:
A GAME OF TWO HALVES - SO?
Confused  Huh  Sad

When I came up with A GAME OF TWO HALVES my hopes were to find a way to bring football fans together across Babble's different boards, increase usage and give us an extra reason to log on. The response was small, but encouraging. Thanks. But as many threads do on here, it seemed to have its moment in the sun and disappear.

To run this as a game would take a long commitment from one person. If it ran where would it go on the site? Where would the weekly scores be and the league table? How would it attract anyone if no one knew how to find it?

I was sitting here thinking two halves of an orange would make a good logo when I asked myself why I was bothering? Sports Babble does attract some very perceptive fans, but not enough. If I increased participation I'd only make more work for myself and I'm not a computer genius. I'd like to give something back, to contribute, but I was thinking in terms of two halves of an orange, not a blood orange!

Probably it was either a bad idea, or I should have had enough sense to keep quiet? What do you think?
It's a good idea. I'm too busy running the prediction league on the Huddersfield board. Maybe whoever did the now disbanded Baggies prediction league might want to take this up?
I know you do the Huddersfield Prediction League Snoots.

I'll have another think and maybe commit myself to it ..... or not by Tuesday. I'm working Monday so that gives me plenty of time to think.
Try putting the points on your original thread Devon. Starting a new thread each time means nobody gets updates and we have to search for the new thread each time.
silverbaggie likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(24-08-2015, 09:25)theo_luddite Wrote: Try putting the points on your original thread Devon. Starting a new thread each time means nobody gets updates and we have to search for the new thread each time.

Good idea; I was struggling to find the results table to see how things were going.

Probably very wise in view of my first week (weak?) performance. Thank goodness for week 2!
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »