Thread Rating:
GAME OF TWO HALVES
GAME OF TWO HALVES

Game of Two Halves is a prediction game, based on both successful and unsuccessful teams.

Players choose 8 clubs they think will do well. These will be their UPS. They can be from any of the four divisions of English football, the National League or the Scottish Divisions. There is no limitation on the number of clubs that can be selected from any one division.

From the same nucleus of clubs players then choose 8 clubs they think will do particularly badly. These will be their DOWNS.

Scores will be calculated, totalled and published weekly. Scores will be calculated on league matches, FA and Scottish Cup matches only.

As you will see from the scoring system UPS teams gain points by doing well, whilst DOWNS teams succeed by failure.

There will be a brief transfer window from 4-8 January in which a player can replace one UPS choice and one DOWN choice.

The winner will be the player who scores the highest number of points.

Apologies for the scoring system below. I wasn't clever enough to bring it over accurately from Excel on my poor old computer. I used colour to indicate Downs.

GAME OF TWO HALVES    UPS   DOWNS

SCORING:

HOME WIN 3 Points -1 Point
HOME DRAW 0 Points 1 Point
HOME DEFEAT -1 Point 4 Points
AWAY WIN 4 Points -1 Point
AWAY DRAW 1 Point 0 Point
AWAY DEFEAT 0 Points 3 Points
EVERY GOAL SCORED HOME OR AWAY 1 Point -1 Point
EVERY CLEAN SHEET HOME OR AWAY 1 Point -1 Point
EVERY GOAL CONCEDED HOME OR AWAY -1 Point 1 Point
MANAGER RESIGNS/SACKED/DEPARTS IN ANY WAY -25 Points 25 Points
CLUB DEDUCTED POINTS BY LEAGUE FOR ANY REASON -25 Points 25 Points
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER SCORES HAT TRICK OR MORE IN MATCH 5 Points -5 Points
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER SENT OFF IN MATCH -3 Points 3 Points
TEAM SCORES FIVE OR MORE IN A GAME 5 Points -5 Points
TEAM CONCEDES FIVE OR MORE IN A GAME -5 Points 5 Points

END OF SEASON BONUS SCORES:
TEAM CHAMPIONS OF DIVISION 20 Points
-20 Points
TEAM PROMOTED FROM DIVISION (or 2nd, 3rd or 4th in Premier) 10 Points -10 Points
TEAM LOSES OUT IN PLAY-OFFS (or 5th or 6th in Premier) 5 Points -5 Points
TEAM FINISHES BOTTOM OF DIVISION -20 Points 20 Points
TEAM RELEGATED FROM DIVISION -12 Points 12 Points

(all this looked quite nice on my computer)
Lord Snooty and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
I like that, easy enough to enter and follow I think. Definitely think we can get a number of entrants for this from the various boards. Are you willing to do the scoring and table for this?
Cracking idea. Count me in. Smile
Count me in as well.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Yep, I can cope with this.

If we can get folk playing from across the boards it will be great fun
I'm in too. I might need a reminder before it starts, though. Rolleyes
Cabbage is still good for you
Blimey guys. I deliberately left this a few days so responses could build up. Then being old and whatnot I forgot until today.

Amazed by the positive response. I was expecting more along the lines of boring old fart .........

Yes I think I could do the scoring etc, but if there's anyone out there who is a whizz at such stuff I wouldn't feel slighted in the least ........ I've been more of an ideas man since the days I discovered that being Secretary of a local amateur football team encompassed getting the nets up on my own in a howling gale (on grounds that I'm 6'3").
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »