Thread Rating:
Hibs 2015/16 League Fixtures
Oh right so he did appear haha.

Ok Tynie.
I suggest you read the original thread - it makes a difference if you read it properly Fredstersafool. Note I've referred to your forum name in my reply and proferred some respect - simple really, just a bit of forum etiquette or is that really beyond your mental capacity?
Regardless of the new signings not playing, that was a settled side Hibs sent out . The jury is most definetlyout on our keeper. Still think saturday may have struck a mental blow for Stubbs, as I'm sure he didn't think Rangers were anywhere near our keeper1nd half performance. Should be a fun season with some twists along the way.
9 of that Hibs team were first 11 last season,though I don't think Stubbs would have started with them all had the new signings been available.
(27-07-2015, 14:18)supercooper Wrote: Regardless of the new signings not playing, that was a settled side Hibs sent out . The jury is most definetlyout on our keeper. Still think saturday may have struck a mental blow for Stubbs, as I'm sure he didn't think Rangers were anywhere near our keeper1nd half performance. Should be a fun season with some twists along the way.

The main point to note is that it was a typical pre-season match with quite a few players who are not clearly up to full  match fitness. I thought Rangers were ahead in that respect. I agree that the result was definitely against the script that Stubbs perceived it would be but that was a weak side he fielded. I don't believe it will have any bearing on the upcoming events for the season but it's all down to opinion really. IMO Hibs full line up for this season will not resemble the one on Saturday and it's a good time for Alan Stubbs and his backroom staff to see these disappointing events unfold now rather than later. I think Gers have given us a wake up call and that's no bad thing. Some Hibs fringe players could well be on their way all the same! Their chance to impress gone or for the youth players it was a bit of valuable experience or call it a baptism of fire lol!
That was pretty much the same side as last season 0762. Your new signings are an unknown quantity, so that could be the bulk of your starting 11 for the season, i'd be very worried if it was. Its lack of depth that may pose problems for Hibs this season, and dont forget St Mirren could well be in the mix too. Peterhead this weekend will tell me a little more as to where we are before the season starts properly.
Isn't your 1st Championship fixture versus Saint Mirren at Ibrox supercooper? That will be an interesting match because they've now got a new manager, Ian Murray, at the helm. They could well prove to be the fly on the ointment!
We do indeed. Peterhead this weekend first though, then St Mirren the following friday.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »