Thread Rating:
Rangers v Hibs - 20/05/15
I dont see you coming back from this. McCall seems more than able to counter Stubbs tactically.
I think it's all over for hibs now a goal would've gave them a lift I can see rangers score at ER that will be job done.
I'm baffled why Farid wasn't brought on within the first hour - in a game where we had a ridiculous amount of corners and crosses the best header of a ball is on the bench. Very disapointed with mcgeough coming on who offered nothing. Robertson poor tonight along with Cummings (he appeared to be 1-2 yards off the pace with no sharpness!!) who was awful and as for our yappy captain Craig - what a shadow of any truly inspiring previous Hibs captains. Malonga played well and did his best to link up imo, Allan tried his best to lift us but was just hounded out.
We need to lift ourselves and pray we get an early goal on Saturday. Don't see it myself though. I think the tie is sadly finished. As for Rangers, I can't believe how poor a side they actually are. Their 1st goal was well played by Vuckic but the preceding barge through Robertson's back was a foul - still a good goal but dismal Hibs defending. As for their second goal - real quality eh - a high up n under lob and wtf were Hibs defenders thinking about? And why did Oxley run off his goal line and not remain where he was to cover the angled shot from his goal!! IMO neither of these sides will beat Motherwell anyway, even without their wee striker, McDonald - I can't see it happening!! Still, it makes for good theatre. Oh yeah, I hope they are heavily fined, UEFA style, for the missile throwing - totally out of order and well over the top in terms of the duration of the match that they persisted in flinging missiles on to the pitch and indeed at Hibs players. FINE THEM AND SEVERELY WARN THEM RE FUTURE UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT SFA and endorse a standard of behaviour that is expected and should be strictly enforced!!
We will never know if the 18 day layoff had any effect on the result, but I cannot imagine it would have helped Hibs much. Always good to get a breather at the end of a long season, but 2 1/2 weeks is too long imo!! The authorities need to relook at the playoff setup and either get the games in quicker or start with the 2nd-4th place teams playing semi-finals home and away, and then the winners playing home and away. This could be done in the same time span but would keep everyone involved.

Tie not over, but the first goal will be absolutely crucial on Saturday. Doesn't have to be early, but Hibs need to make sure they are the ones who get it or it will probably be tie over!!
No effect at all SCO Hibs had shit loads of that game but were lacking the ideas in he final 3rd,I do agree the length between the ties is a concern but you have to remember we have a retard running the SPFL.
Let's not forget gentlemen HFC have scored 4 against rangers at Easter rd this season no reason we can't do it again

Cmon the cabbage

Ggtth
That was a different rangers bounce McCall has them far better organised now that said it's not impossible more improbable
You might be right Fred but there nothing special nothing to worry about a massive 90 mins for hibs but nothing to fear just lets get right in and about them we've already proved over the course of the season we are the better team so one more big push and we could be there.
Ggtth
McCall will use the same defensive tactics and look to catch us on the break as we push more men forward. He has them better organised and knows they are not world beaters but plays to their strengths.

Why the attacking 2 were not changed after we went 2 goals down is beyond me.  Huh

First goal on Saturday is all important....if we get it then its game on if they get it then its all over.

'mon Hibs  Thumb up

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Honest I think you have more to fear from Stubbs lads his lack or stubbornness to make changes could kill yous Malonga done alright last night but Cummings was a passenger
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »