Thread Rating:
Get a few players in, get a few players out,
Alan Stubbs being linked with the managers job at League 1 Sheffield United.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...ement.html

Obviously its only been a couple of days sine Clough was sacked so its probably guesswork on their behalf, but what do you guys think the chances of this happening are??
I'd say fairly decent SCO.
Not surprised he is in the frame but his inexperience may go against him . Better for him financially and also his family ars still in the north of England so I can see him being tempted. I think a club like the blades would probably wait for a further half season at least to see how he continues to impress. Clubs want instant success and so experience and track record counts for a lot......in my own opinion Clough should have been given a little longer. Alex Ferguson must thank his lucky stars he was in an age where managers were given a chance otherwise he would have been sacked at the end of his first season with MU.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Hopefully his inexperience will count against him. He's not nearly the finished article yet, but he's improving all the time and he has the right ideas on how to play football. Selfishly, I'd like to see him at Easter Road for another season. The one thing that's guaranteed is that he'll move on within a year, but perhaps to a bigger club than Sheffield United. Worryingly, the one thing that might convince him to move now is the potential exodus of our better players during the summer without equivalent talent coming in. Sad
Cabbage is still good for you
As you know Ritchie that is always the problem ( since JC especially) and every year we seem to have to rebuild and start again invariably diluting the available talent each time. If a club did come in for him Petrie would go for the compo I am sure.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Spot on exeter
but if somebody came in for Petrie - well I suppose we can dream!!!!
ritchiebaby likes this post
Alex Neil's inexperience didnae go against him apparently. One year with accies and now he has just taken Norwich into EPL. That IMO, could mean ta ta Stubbsy- just saying like.
HHGH
(26-05-2015, 20:13)TINĀ TIN Wrote: Alex Neil's inexperience didnae go against him apparently. One year with accies and now he has just taken Norwich into EPL. That IMO, could mean ta ta Stubbsy- just saying like.

NO CHANCE ................. Just sayin likeĀ 
Slight difference is that Neil took a low budget team through 6 play off games culminating in beating a high budget premier side into the SPL. Stubbs didn't manage that . I have a number of Norwich City friends and have just been there and they are full of praise for Neil but they weren't in a desperate state when he took over, they had a good squad and it was a gamble when the canaries took him on .....having said that he has done a great job and my mates are over the moon today. Someone will come in for Stubbs but it just depends when......with family still down there and a carrot of more money it is just a question of when rather than if , especially if he continues as he did this season.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Ok sunshine and yer explanation for no chance is?-----

So the fact that he took a low budget side into the big league disnae count. By your reckoning Stubbs inherited a high budget premier league team and couldnae just quite make it and I am honestly disappointed by that. Think Stubbsy has it to be a top manager, based on his learning at Everton and will not be at Hibs next seaso- just saying like IMO.
HHGH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »