Thread Rating:
Get a few players in, get a few players out,
Rumour stokes will have a medical later today.....

commons looking unlikely,rodgers seems to think he will see his deal out and then possibly head state side.

As much as I love stokes - I'd rather sign commons.
I can recall when Stokes destroyed Hibs for Celtic on our right side playing exactly in that effective role in a previous Scottish Cup final when Sparky played from the start with a hamstring injury that he'd not recovered from. We watched the same scenario in our successful cup final last season when he similarly 'ripped' into Rangers right flank with ease. I remember travelling to Hampden with family members and friends and saying that I hoped Stubbs would play him in that role and target Tavernier's position - he did exactly as I'd hoped and we all know the outcome! Thumb up
Ditto re Commons or Stokesy Jim - I'd also prefer Commons but it looks like his loan signing is a 'no goer'!
(31-01-2017, 15:19)newhavenhibby Wrote: Looks like the Stokes deal is getting closer.

If he does come back I don't know if we call him a bad penny or yo yo but one thing is for sure.......he will always be on fire.  Wink

GGTTH

To think the huns on here were droning on about him getting the jail,instead he singlehandedly annihilated them at hampden.
hfcbounce and 0762 like this post
From Chris McLaughlin, on BBC Sports website
21:16
Hibs haven't given up on their attempts to take Anthony Stokes back on loan. It looked a long shot earlier but it could happen late.
Stokes, a Scottish Cup hero for the Hibees last season, moved to Blackburn on a three-year deal in the summer but he's been a bench-warmer of late at Ewood Park.

Fan reaction on BBC Sports website
21:28
Hibernian fans are keen to have Anthony Stokes back at Easter Road.

From Chris McLaughlin, on BBC Sports website
22:51
Disappointing news for Hibs fans... A deal to get Anthony Stokes back on loan for a third spell at Easter Road will not get over the line. The striker is staying at Blackburn Rovers.

What we need now are some "alternative facts". Wink
Cabbage is still good for you
Oh well.....we go with what we have. I think we tried to get stokes when it became clear commons wasn't coming.

Disappointing,but not the end of the world.
There's still a 'long shot' where Hibs could 'pull in' a free agent if they regard their target as being good enough to sign up. Do remember that the 'roly poly goalie', Conrad Logan, was a free agent and that signing was definitely a factor in last season becoming a historic one for Hibs.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »