Thread Rating:
Brighouse to Wembley
That's been the kiss of death. BPA are losing 5-0 to Oxford City at home! Which leads me to the question why are Oxford City in the Conference North?

As are Lowestoft
Who the hells this FC Romania team? Didn't realise we were inviting touring teams into the competition?
Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness
They're the Essex based team that's full of Romanian immigrants. They were in the papers a few weeks ago.
Et in Arcadia Ego.

General football writing here
(16-09-2014, 18:29)Marco4 Wrote: They're the Essex based team that's full of Romanian immigrants. They were in the papers a few weeks ago.

Nigel Farage's worst nightmare
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Bamber Bridge beat Squires Gate in the replay 3-2 winner came in the 120th minute
(16-09-2014, 18:29)Marco4 Wrote: They're the Essex based team that's full of Romanian immigrants. They were in the papers a few weeks ago.

I hope the opposition lock up their leather jackets, wallets and phones in a secure place then Cool
and complicated
Ashton United v Salford City
The FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round
Saturday September 27th - 3:00 ko
at The Michael Jefferson Memorial Arena

[Image: 1261400784_1.jpeg]

And so following Brighouse Town's defeat in the previous round to Ashton United, we now get to follow the Robins, who play at Hurst Cross in Ashton-under-Lyne. They have been drawn at home to arguably the most famous side in this round of the tournament, Salford City. Famous because of their joint owners who just happen to be legends from the nearby Manchester United in the guise of Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville. They are aiming to take the club into the Football League and have this week secured further investment to their cause by selling 50% of their stake to Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim, who tried in vain to buy Liverpool in 2010.
Here is a clip from the upcoming Football Focus with the aforementioned Phil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29361876

Salford are the underdogs in this one, being from the Northern Premier League Division One as opposed to Ashton who are one level above in the NPL Premier. That's level 7 of the football pyramid.
Ashton have their own Manyoo player in their team, Ashley Young who scored the winner at Brighouse, came to the club after being rejected from Old Trafford and taking up a career in diving where he partnered Tom Daly at the 2012 Olympics.

[Image: ashley-young-diver.jpg]

The match will be played at The Michael Jefferson Memorial Arena. I have no idea who he was. It has a capacity of 4,500 but it's claim to fame is that it is one of the oldest football arenas in the country with the club having played there since 1880.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ashtonunited/

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/
Have been to AUFC ground twice with a 40 year gap between games. Neat stadium, should get a decent gate against the cash rich Salford
Lord Snooty likes this post
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

I was in Brighouse on Monday Thumb up at Screwfix Thumb up because the M6x50 bolts I needed were out of stock in Bradford and there was no way I was going to dirty Leeds for them Angry Anyway, I fired up AA Autoroute and found out that it's a long way from Brighouse to Wembley so I went back to work instead Cool

I suspect it's even further from Ashton or Salford Confused
and complicated
There's a Screwfix in Huddersfield, Maddbugger. On Leeds Road just past McDonalds and KFC.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »