Thread Rating:
Hibs v Livingston - 11/03/15
We're now at the business end of the season and Hibs welcome Livingston to Easter Road on Wednesday night. After Rangers' draw at Cowdenbeath, we need to put in a strong performance and positive result to keep the pressure on. The visitors have been cut adrift at the foot of the table, but they don't lose by many goals, having lost 13 games more than they've won and only have a goal difference of -15. Having lost their last 4 games, they shouldn't give Hibs too much trouble, but they'll still be a hard nut to crack.

I'd be inclined to put out a strong team, but not necessarily all the first choices, as I felt we did against Berwick on Sunday.

Cerny,
Watson, Fontaine, Hanlon, Stevenson,
Handling, Craig, McGeouch, Robertson,
Cummings, Dja Djedje.

Subs - Gray, Fyvie, Malonga.
Cabbage is still good for you
Personally I would put out as strong a team as you can in every game between now and the end of the season!!! Tinkering around with the lineup is one of those things that can mess up a nice run or knock confidence of individuals or the team!! The players can have a nice long rest once the season is over and promotion is gained - until then its all hands on deck!!!
As predicted there are some changes, but the team should still be too strong for Livingston. Stubbs picks another team close to mine, but Oxley keeps his place ahead of Cerny (who doesn't make the bench) and Boyle and Fyvie start.

Hibs lead 1-0 at half-time through a Jason Cummings goal after 31 minutes.

Unfortunately, again as predicted, Livingston were a tough nut to crack. They managed to pressure Hibs enough to score an equaliser by Sekajja in 88 minutes, but Hibs went straight up the park to win the 3 points from a Franck Dja Djedje header.

That's the kind of spirit and courage we need to engender in order to keep ahead of Rangers, who surrendered a late equaliser last night and couldn't respond. The old Hibs wouldn't have responded like that, so all credit to Alan Stubbs for the change in attitude. It'll be needed again over the rest of the season, but we have the chance to finish second because of our own efforts.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Vital win and probably enough of a scare to keep feet firmly planted on the ground and the mind focussed on what you need to do during the run it!! With Rangers finally appointing a proper manager they will probably improve their form, at least you have to expect they will, so the run in is going tobe very interesting to watch!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »