Thread Rating:
Hibs v Dumbarton - 21/02/15
Hibs are rolling along quite nicely just now and are unbeaten in their last 9 games. The old Hibs would have had a relapse long before now, but the new Alan Stubbs-inspired Hibs seem to be a different kettle of fish altogether. Every game is a new challenge, though, and complacency cannot be allowed to sneak into Hibs play.

Dumbarton have had almost the opposite run of form to Hibs, with only 1 point in their last 6 games. Their biggest problem is that when they lose a goal, they seem to lose another one quickly. They lost 6 (3 in 8 minutes and 2 in 3 minutes) to Hibs at the end of November and 5 to Hearts twice (2 in 5 minutes the first time and 3 in 10 minutes a month ago) and also Livingston (3 in 11 minutes). They have signed free agent Mark Wilson until the end of the season, so that should bolster their defence.

My Hibs team:-

Cerny (expect Oxley in goals)
Watson, Fontaine, Hanlon,
Gray, McGeouch, Robertson, Allan, Stevenson,
Cummings, Boyle.

Subs - Fyvie, Malonga, Stanton.
Cabbage is still good for you
One of those games that you should win easily, especially with the form you are currently on, but this is football and this is why we play the games for real!! Banana skin alert if you are in any way complacent with this opposition!! Anything other than a win would undo all the good work last week!!
Up again for the Dumbarton game so heres hoping for 3 more points  Thumb up

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I feel better about the game already, exeter. Hope it's a productive trip once again.
It's half-time at Easter Road and Hibs lead Dumbarton by 2-0. So far so good for Hibs and another couple of goals for them wouldn't go amiss. Dumbarton are predictable if nothing else, as Dja Djedje scored after 29 minutes, followed by Malonga after 32 minutes, both goals coming from Watson assists.

According to the BBC website, it's been a very one-sided game, but Hibs have to repeat their dominance in the second-half to keep ahead and perhaps increase their lead. No Scott Allan on the team sheet today - a well-deserved rest hopefully.

Another Malonga goal gives Hibs a 3-0 win. Hibs had 66% possession and 21 shots, with 9 on target.
Easy win in the end and back above Rangers, well done!!
Hibs did their job but never had to get out of 2nd gear. A bit more clinical in front of goal and we would have had 4 or 5.

Watson played well on the right but not as effective when Gray came on for Stevenson and so had to switch to left back.

Crowd again disappointing and many who said they were never going back after enduring the past 7 years of dross are true to their word !

Anyway, onwards and upwards, and with 3 games against the bottom clubs coming up it should set up a cracker of a game against Sevco in March.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Thanks, SCO, and well done, exeter, on being our lucky mascot. Job done as far as I'm concerned and staying ahead of Rangers by as many points as possible is all we can do. It sounded as though we could easily have doubled our score. No slacking against the bottom teams is all I ask for in the coming weeks.
Come on hibs keep it going although we've won nothing yet I am so hopefull we both go up and leave those knuckle draggers were they belong
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »