Thread Rating:
St Johnstone v Hibs - Saturday 27 April
I suppose I'd better put up a post about tomorrow's game, but everybody knows the script, plot, maybe even the score. Will it really matter in the long term as long as we get enough points to be 10th or better? Of course it does, but do the players feel the same, or the manager? It's only words, but here's Monty's take on things.

“It was a difficult few days after the Motherwell game and reflecting on the disappointment of missing out on the top six. When we spoke about that, it was looking across the season and in many games we were in winning positions but lost 12 points from winning positions. We did that against Motherwell and that condemned us to missing out on the top six. There was a lot of frustration, a lot of upset, and the feeling that we let the fans down and ourselves down.
“We have to move forward now and look at the next five games as an opportunity to finish the season strong. This week we’ve been preparing for St Johnstone and the mood has been good. We know we need to put in some good performances and get some results to finish the season on a high.”
Cabbage is still good for you
Will be interesting to see how the Hibs players respond to what for them, as they see it, is a dead rubber. The Saints are still fighting to avoid that 11th spot so no doubt CL will have them well up for it to keep the " Natural Order" of things! Wink

As I said the last time you played St J , I have always thought they hold something over Hibs and invariably get some sort of good result .

Will also be interesting to see how many Hibees go over to Perth today? Mates of mine who always go to the away games are not going and I suspect there will be a fair few others doing the same. Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
NM is correct in saying we shipped a lot of points from winning positions, what he doesn't add is that a lot of that was down to his inept game management.

Sales look awful for tickets for this one and i can't blame the fans. I don't believe there is much enthusiasm for whatever the manager is trying to do. Im certainly not hearing it in the pub or the stands.

If its true about significant US investment coming in to Hibs next season i can't see why they would want to entrust that to a guy who's results are demonstrably pretty poor. and is clearly not tactically up to it. I hope he's just marking time and we will have a new coach in the summer.
Well, that makes a change, even though we still managed to lose a late goal. Perhaps Paul Hanlon should be played as a centre-forward. Whistle 12 points ahead of the danger zone and 4 games to go with a superior goal difference will do me. But don't slacken off now, get more points on the board.

Monty on the game
“I’m really happy with the boys today with their performance and the result. There’s been too many times this season where we’ve dominated games and not got the result we deserved. Today we were very comfortable at 3-0 and if anything we should’ve scored more goals. Credit to their goalkeeper, he was heroic at Easter Road a couple of weeks ago too, and we kept battering down the door today. Unfortunately, we conceded a goal towards the end, but it was a comfortable victory.

The players showed a lot of character because the circumstances have not been easy. The fans were outstanding today too; they came in their numbers and supported us all the way. The away fans have been fantastic this season and again today they really did help the players.”
Cabbage is still good for you
A good win, and it could have been more if it hadn't been for their keeper (who has been decent all season) GIRFUY Potter.

Emiliano is a good player, my favourite of the players brought in.

It still just papers over the cracks for me, we lost or dropped points in all the games that really mattered last season.
Aye, I think you are right Jim. A good run now for NM means he will keep his job along with all members higher up in the Hibs infrastucture..........some of whom, I know, the fans have been calling for them to go also. These next 4 games may well just be a sticking plaster over a bad set up down Easter Road, but Hibs fans have the hope that the Black Knight money will make a difference? Huh

That would mean you start next season exactly as you finished this except with at least half a new team with no guarantee they will gel together. Your better players at present are nearly all on loan with very little prospect of keeping them due to high wage demands, so who comes in? ..........more loans from Bournemouth, lower league English players or Hibs own youngsters?? Huh

It will also be strange for Hibs fans next season not to see the names of Hanlon and Stevenson around the matchday squad lists after so many years of service............well done to both especially Stevenson whom I believe will reach 600 games in the next couple of games. It's funny as when I used to watch regularly , especially in the later years, I was disappointed Doh when he was in the side but one thing you always got from him was passion and 100% effort.

Away game next weekend against another stuffy side fighting for SPL survival in Ross County where again Simon Murray will be out to sink Hibs.
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »