Thread Rating:
Muck or Nettles - 27-April-2024
Well it looks like Andre is either gone already or going soon.

According to reports on the Twitter, he's deleted HTAFC from his Instagram bio. Rolleyes Laugh Confused Sick Doh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(29-04-2024, 22:32)Lord Snooty Wrote: Well it looks like Andre is either gone already or going soon.

According to reports on the Twitter, he's deleted HTAFC from his Instagram bio. Rolleyes Laugh Confused Sick Doh

I think he's resigned, just been told we can't afford to keep or sack him.
Can't afford to keep or sack. So we've got square route of xxxx all for the summer then?

For the umpteenth time this season who do we want? Shall I make a list?

Probably looking at names like;

Michael Duff
Alex Neil
Gary rowett

I imagine people like frank lampard and Scott parker might consider applying as they ain't getting anything else. Maybe even heckingbottom if he doesn't get the Sunderland job.

I'd throw names like marc bridge Wilkinson, Brian Barry Murphy, Ryan mason into the mix or anyone else at one of the top six teams' under 21s or academy sides, providing they have something credible behind them
Another day, another door, another high, another low
If Norwich lose the play offs and sack Wagner.......

If not, get Lee Clark back.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
The problem is I don’t know if the club can afford to wait weeks to appoint a new manager, if it’s true AB is going/gone and I’ve no reason to believe it isn’t then we need to act fast. We need a man through the door to give us as much stability as possible. Not to mention Season cards go on sale next week, nobody wants to buy a ticket not knowing what is coming in the next 12 months(other than L1 football)

From that list JJ I’d go for Duff. I mean it’s not as is we don’t know the candidates, we probably interviewed most of them at least once this season
The options you list sound like high jumpers who have knocked the bar off a couple of times and are passing their third attempt to have one desperate go at the next height.

Why not look for someone new and maybe have the sense to enlist / beg Neil Warnock's help to get you the right candidate to whom he might then provide support during his first season?

At the moment it would be hard to tell your options from the contents of your recycle bin. AND you are too good to be trawling the left-overs.
Lord Snooty likes this post
The Warnock ship has sailed, he did a good job last season keeping us up but he should’ve gone at that point. Instead he stayed took us to play his local teams in Devon so he could stay at home, players started the season unfit and never recovered, he signed players back up who were allegedly signing up to his sons agency. The season started badly and we won 2 games under him WBA with a last minute winner that really should’ve been the other way round 30 seconds earlier and Rotherham who are one of the worst teams ever to compete at this level.
So forgive me for not wanting him back, at this point we have to start looking forwards not backwards.
I think Devon it is going to be a case of tainted goods or complete curve ball.

I've seen on the other site people mention duff. He left Swansea because of a player revolt essentially down to playing style. Isn't that not too dissimilar to what has happened to Andre? Although his style probably suits what we have a bit better but doesn't look good really.

Neil gets teams promoted, but never makes the grade really in the champ, walks out on teams often too.

Rowett might rather be the second coming of Warnock if he keeps Brum up. If they go down then it changes it in my eyes.

Other names I mentioned like lampard and parker are in a stage where they need to rebuild their managerial credibility, we're needkng a rebuild on the pitch, so maybe it could be a good match, not what fans want but it could work. I'd honestly lean towards lampard out of those two, if I had to pick

Personally Id be going to those other names, the bridge Wilkinson (was a youth coach here) we've played against him a fair few times. Brian Barry Murphy also played at league one I think, good ties with manc could be good for the rebuild. Ryan mason they are tipping to have a good future as a manager. Even John Terry has said he's wanting to start managing, is it time for us to take the punt again like we did with lee Clark?

You could also add Nigel Pearson if he's well enough. He wouldn't suffer the fools in this squad and he'd soon get rid.

People have mentioned Michael skabala from Lincoln, based on half a season, where he has done well. Other names have been Ruben selles, started poorly at reading with fans wanting rid but now he has them on side. Dave challinor from Stockport, would he leave after a promotion and if so why? Pete Wilde, can't profess to knowing much about him.

I'd personally go with my top four as Pearson, lampard and then Barry-murphy and mason
What about Rooney? I know he failed at Brum but I thought he did a decent job at Derby beforehand considering the turmoil that club was going through at the time
I dunno about Rooney he wasn't great at DC before that either, derby was a mess and he did admirably but I think he needs a bit of a spell away to learn and study
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »