Thread Rating:
Preston North End v Huddersfield Town
(09-04-2024, 23:29)theo_luddite Wrote: On my write up today they say I drink 12-14 units of alcohol per day. Yeah right. You tell them a number and they make any old shite up about you. I told them between 4 and 8. (OK it might be 12-14 on a home match day with a couple of pints afore and a few more to drown out the dull ache of watching Town after, but I'd be permanently pissed if i did that every day). Anyroad, I missed the whole match. I went round to my friends who asked me to bring fish and chips, so the beef can wait until tomorrow. When I was leaving to come home, we were winning 0-1 on the BBC App, by the time I got home ..... well, we weren't winning at all .... Radio Bloody 5 Live were at Deepdale for an update more often than they were at Arsenal or anywhere else.
I was in the pub until 20.05, what a mistake I made coming home to watch the match. I was enjoying the beer and someone had brought Mucky Fat on Bread and butter into the pub, life was great at that point.

(10-04-2024, 10:48)jjamez Wrote: We can dissect it however we want to but, we've had seven managers since Carlos, eight if you want to count narcis twice each and every single one of those individuals have struggled with this group of 'professional' players. The blame lies with them for their performances, they ask for support and respect, give me something to warrant it. The blame for them being here, I mean some of them will be nice lads etc but they aren't good enough, that's not just on nagle Cartwright and Edwards, Hoyle and bromby brought the vast majority of these in, as well as two proper dud managers when we were on the crest of a wave after Wembley.

I mean let's analyse it.

Nicholls- good keeper, but last few seasons has had more errors, perhaps the playoff season was one where everything just went right for him. Not really a problem though, though the losing mentality may have come into his mindset

Spencer- young, naive, does quite a lot of good, has moments of bad, happens when you're developing. Not really a problem

Turton- the fact that some fans think we should put him at right back to allow Spencer to play at left back is odd at best. The man has hardly kicked a ball in two years. Let's ask boothy to lead the line and bring Gary Roberts back to create chances whilst we're at it. They've both probably kicked the ball more recently. Not the problem but definitely not the solution.

Pearson - solid enough defensively but it's easier to pass kidney stones that a ball for him. Don't ask him to play out from the back. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Probably is part of the problem

Helik- I'd argue see above. He can't pass

Lees - see above

Balker- can pass, can't keep fit

Jackson- not good enough

Yuta- not good enough

Headley- not good enough as a defender

Edwards- yeah okay... waste of a signing

Hogg- best years are behind him. Is he part of the problem. Yeah I think he is. He's had two seasons with us where we haven't been involved in a relegation battle. He's probably too accustomed to losing

Kasumu- not a bad player and still learning but he's a walking injury and booking. Passing isn't overly great too. Was part of a losing team at mk dons and now here.

Matos- raw

Rudoni- probably see kasumu, was used to losing whilst at Wimbledon, doesn't know what sort of midfielder he wants to be, definitely isn't good enough at making a decision in the final third

Wiles- waste of a signing, Holmes far better. Warnock just didn't rate him. Soft on the ball, weak in the heart

Thomas- walking booking, petulant. Probably most creative but when he's off it he's off it. Got quite a big ego considering he's barely achieved anything of note.

Koroma - not a fighter, not up for a battle. He's been found wanting at this level for a few years now and isn't good enough to adapt his game to suit.

Burgzorg - heartless street footballer

Ward- sick note that if Warnock wasn't here over summer, neither would he. Too used to losing, seems to disappear to the physio room when the going gets tough

Radulovic - too soon to say, current injury record is concerning. Probably needs a summer

Healey- looks a scorer, shame he's not fit enough should have come in the summer but that's on him.

Anyone else?

I mean whilst we're at it, who decided at the end of summer ward, hudlin and harratt was a good enough strike force for the championship, especially at the expense of a guy with a lot of goals at this level, even if he wasn't as effective any more.

Really we are where we are because of 4 bad windows and 3 terrible managerial appointments. One of those by this current set and two from the previous. Schofield, fotheringham and Moore should never have been considered for the top job. A lot of hindsight but if Hoyle backed Carlos like he said he would, would we be where we are now? If we'd actually put some work into his replacement and not fucked around with the preseason, would last year have been as bad, would we be where we are now? If we'd replaced Schofield with a proper manager see above?

For this season, would we be where we are if Warnock had shelved his ego on signings, would we be here? If we'd had a proper preseason? If he'd accept ward isn't sturdy enough to last a season and you need a proper back ala Rhodes? If Edwards/nagle/Cartwright actually tried to make the relationship work with Warnock would we be down here?

Don't get me started on the sacking Warnock in a position of strength and appointing moore. Give me that xxxx strength, you can't say that in September, you can hardly say that in February in this league. Don't get me started on the attacking football Moore allegedly plays. It shows how far from the English game Edwards and Cartwright have been. There's fans at 5 clubs still trying to locate Darren Moore's attacking football, more chance of finding a wild unicorn. It doesn't exist!

Nagle has been duped by the two people he put in place to run this club. Baldwin was a far more qualified individual to do the CEO roll than Edwards, but he was let go. Sporting director, you don't go for a guy who largely failed at stoke and has been treading in the backwaters stateside. You locate someone in England or go into one of the top 5 European leagues, so Germany, Spain France, Portugal or Italy and bring someone with a decent track record at a decent level.

The club needs a clear out top to bottom. I think nagle knows it, probably why Edwards hasn't spoken in a long while. I reckon this summer regardless of what division we're in, there will be a full overhaul in all facets and it's been needed for a long long time. We don't deserve to stay up, arguably didn't last season either. If we do, then I think that's our quota for miracles used up for a fair while.

Maybe we will get our penalty quote back

I can’t really argue with most of that, I would say that although Matos is raw most of his performances resemble a headless chicken.

This house of cards has been tumbling for a while and it starts at the very top. Nagel/Hoyle/Potless. Under investment in the team/squad. We went from playoff final to relegation battle because we lost 2 of our best players..Toffolo and O’Brien. Sold for somewhere in the region of £10million (sold on the cheap) and we never re invested the money into improving the team.
We appointed bad manager after bad manager, Schofield wasn’t ready, Fotherbollocks was was just just that and cost a fortune. We scrape by thanks to Warnock and repeat the same mistake we made last year.
Played you six times in the last two seasons think we’ve been against at least 4 different managers

Can’t get consistency with that
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

The relying on others to lose policy is going well so far tonight.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
It's odd part of me thinks we're done, part of me thinks it's going to be Brum and Plymouth that go
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Can somebody supply some flip flops for the Bristol City team. Surely they've done enough now. Blush Whistle Tongue
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
When we scored deep into I jury time against Millwall I text my mate saying that was our ‘get out of jail for free” card. Last night I think we played that same card again. One thing is for certain, we need to start winning because we won’t have too many of them cards left to play
Lord Snooty likes this post
It's just so frustrating.....first half we were excellent against Preston.
Then as soon as one goal is scored against us, we fall apart.
All the basic errors creep in. All the basic defending/keeping possession just goes out the window.
Why does that happen?
For me, it's a lack of steel inside most of the players. One setback shouldn't bring the house down.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Football eh?

Duane Holmes shredded our defence last week as his team hammered us 4-1.

Subbed off before half time with his team 3-0 down this week.

Football eh?
SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »