Thread Rating:
Hearts v Hibs
Wednesday night throws up an interesting Edinburgh derby clash.

Hearts will be smarting after their visit to Ibroke last Saturday, whilst not affecting their foothold on third in the SPL they will want to get it out of their system, especially in front of their own supporters. Most Hibs were hoping Shankland would score and make the score 5 . 1 Laugh

There are a couple of green shoots appearing down Easter Road way with some of their new players showing they can do a job for Nick Montgomery. NM seems to have 3 midfielders in his starting 11 these days which has given a better balance to the team.

From what I have seen the Hibs defense is still not the best and with Shankland and Vargas coming into some form they will have to be at their best to keep Hearts out.

Tough one to call and I usually go for a draw in an Edinburgh derby with very little good football Wink .........whichever team wins their fans won't care about that.

Sorry Hibs fans but feel Hearts at Tynecastle will be too strong and will win by the odd goal.

Lets hope for an entertaining game and good luck to both sides.

GGTTH or HHGH Thumb up
Lord Snooty likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
We were the better side tonight and were once again completely robbed by a scandalous decision, just like at Aberdeen and several other games this season.

We've brought in some good players, and I'm genuinely excited to see where we can go this season.
Lord Snooty likes this post
In a one-off rare comment on this Sb board, may I add how ironic this latest pk incident was after a fierce debate at Hibs AGM regarding the whole Scottish refereeing farce that has really damaged Hibs this season. An ex-SFA referee attended that meeting at ER Stadium on Tuesday night and he slammed into the worst refereeing/VAR decisions he'd ever seen and called it a refereeing experiment that has gone badly wrong this season while Hibs given two formal SFA apologies so far and it should be more than two apologies - some of the decisions have been dreadfully ill-conceived and wrong with many other Scot Prem clubs affected as well!! It's a farce and I briefly listened to the Journo, Tom English, on BBC Sportsound last night absolutely slamming in to that incredibly poor pk judgement call by Clancy, another inadequate referee who will walk away and carry on in his usual part-time role as a SFA registered referee. At the AGM, Ben Kensell jokingly replied that after the game in Gorgie he might need that ex-ref to accompany him to a possible next SFA meeting covering another ref explanation and formal apology - OH THE IRONY OF THAT REMARK LOL!!
Also worth noting while I'm briefly on this Sb board - at a packed out Hibs AGM last night, Kensell and Hibs board challenged to cut out the HFC silence regarding Rangers fans' regular sectarian, anti-Catholic chanting en masse at ER Stadium and formally respond/condemn it as the official representative of Hibs fans generally. Kensell conceding to this request amid a huge standing ovation in a jampacked meeting room!! Total unity on a serious issue that Kensell acknowledged "nobody does anything about this toxic culture, no different from racist or any other type of similar hate chanting, that has no place in the sport of footie", hence that's why he perceived a do nothing philosophy - even the Scot press/media or the SFA hardly touch it unlike UEFA. And shock of shocks, Hibs seriously considering what Hertz are doing re slashed away ticket allocations to RFC; this is mainly due to the extensive pyro offences (prohibited in all footie stadia) and other regular unacceptable behaviour in the stadium by these toxic morons - a case of if you don't behave, you are not getting a full allocation of match tickets!! It makes the unacceptable behaviour last night by a small number of Hibs fans "pale into insignificance" albeit still wrong! Understandable frustration, but "take it on the chin" as Nick Montgomery angrily described it in his post-match interview.
Lastly, this Hibs team does indeed look decent with a bit of real quality added to the side. Wait until next season and see how it unfolds with positivity! I wish we currently had that prolific striker who makes a huge difference to results - come on Vente, start scoring regular goals please!! Here's hoping for a positive run-in until season end. Goodbye!

GGTTH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »