Thread Rating:
Hibs v Celtic - Wednesday 7 February
Not sure what I should put on here. Hibs on 26 points with a goal difference of -9, Celtic on 58 points with a goal difference of +39. There's really only one outcome.

Thanks to recent results I have quickly gone from an eternal optimist to a disheartened pessimist. Prove me wrong, Hibs. Please.
BouncingHibees likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Think Monty has two games to prove hes worthy here or he will be out the door, the run of games we've got coming up looks pretty atrocious for a struggling Hibs team, heres hoping we can pull out some sort of display against Celtic at the very least, a bit of passion and fight ahead of a crucial SC game.
You should've gone for Warnock.  Whistle
BouncingHibees likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Big 2 games coming up, can Monty get a response from the players or just use them better?

A couple of the new players look decent, especially emiliano just think they have came in at a tough time for the club.

Celtic have been hit and miss since the big Aussie left, and with Rodgers terrible record at Easter road.... I wouldn't be surprised to get a good result.
VAR. Doh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
After that game tonight, I'm back to being an optimist. Hibs had a real go and with more controlled finishing could/should have won. Celtic were a nervy team and I'm putting that down to Hibs' performance. What is it about Old Firm penalties? Two given for Celtic, one denied against Celtic.

Nick Montgomery: "It's hard to explain, but I am really proud of the boys effort, I thought we were outstanding tonight and it's really unfortunate. We were the better team and we deserved to win that game of football, but it wasn't meant to be. I cannot fault their commitment or desire, I'm just really disappointed for the boys."
Cabbage is still good for you
What a kick in the stones that was.

Bar wee spells at the start of each half and near the end i thought we were comfortably better and played the better football. We should have won when you see the 2 massive chances we blew, Hart saved another one. Infuriating. Monty changed it up a bit tactically and we got a much improved showing - please take note. Boyles pace made a big difference and when newell is on song we are a different proposition.

As for the pks, no real complaints, i had a great view of the first and he took the player out after the ball had gone. It was a reckless challenge. I was pissed off at the time about the 2nd but i can see on the replay its probably just inside the box. Would it have been given at the other end though? Doubt it. There was deffo contact on boyle in the box and i think cos he overegged it the ref didn't give it.

Celtic were very open and nervy on the night and they should have been punished.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »