Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Mirren - Saturday 3 February
It's now 2 months since we've won at Easter Road and St Mirren's visit on Saturday could be another potential failure. I've argued that we're just about to turn the corner but we're now in hairpin bend country, with many fans' patience wearing a bit thin.

The Saints are only 3 points above us and are also going through a sticky patch just now, so this will be a chance for us to start producing the goods. We're gradually getting rid of players, with Jeggo and Doidge the latest to go, to make room for some talented youngsters coming in.
Cabbage is still good for you
Biggest problem Montgomery will have will be to pick a side which can quickly gel all the new players with the old into the style of play that he wants to play. Certainly interesting times for you down Easter Road and time will tell what types of player you have brought in.
Difficult with a very good St Mirren side today followed by Celtic on Wednesday...........how will they respond Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
Last week it took a sending off to get us back into the game. Today it will take a miracle.

Press us and we fall to bits, players look totally without confidence and soft as shite, 2nd to every baw. That new australian CB just basically said "there you go" and let the st mirren boy score.

The pk was soft to say least but it cant mask that we are going backwards fast, Monty looks terrified out there.
Monty will take this Hibs team to the Championship- clueless and out of his depth imo. I’d imagine he’ll be sacked tomorrow as fans protest to the board. Perhaps the board should take a good , long hard look at themselves as they have presided over the last 3 disastrous managerial appointments
What a joke that was, booed off at half time and booed on after half time, you'd be better bringing in a team off Leith Links and putting them on the pitch, Monty is way out of his depth and should be out on his arse, his line up, his non existant tactics, cant motivate, lower league manager guff. Hibs as a club want to play this mythical 'Hibs way', just get back to bloody basics and give the fans something to cheer about, as for the board who are clearly clueless in Scottish Football they could do with a clearout aswell, too many times now have they got things wrong. Youann, Jair and Levitt are simply not good enough to be starting games and have not been for the whole season but somehow start more games than not. Young whittaker is a development player and was hung out to dry by the managers bizzare choice to start him, no leadership in the team, whose barking the orders?

Celtic next, what could possibly go wrong eh.
Hibernian manager Nick Montgomery
"I apologise to the fans for that first half. The lack of competing, the lack of fight. They outfought us. We deserved what we got today - and that was nothing. We accept responsibility as a collective. That was not good enough. We lacked fight and desire. I think second half we could have got a goal or two back but it wasn't to be. That was nowhere near the performance I expect or the level of performance the players can deliver. There's been a lot of change, a busy week with a lot of new players coming in. Did I think it was going to click straight away? No."

That's fair enough, Nick, but we're probably worse off than we were a couple of months ago. We can look forward to getting Boyle and Miller back soon, but while I hate to agree with IJ Whistle he's probably closer to the mark than my blind optimism. Rolleyes And the Hibs fans certainly let the team and management know how they felt.

The only saving grace for Montgomery is that, unlike the last few managers, he might be given time to get settled in with his players and system. he's not got the best run of fixtures ahead of him though.

PS Christian Doidge scored yesterday for Forest Green Rovers. Doh
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »