Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers - Wednesday 24 October
Hibs entertain Rangers in their midweek match at Easter Road. Whether or not they manage to entertain their fans is another matter entirely. Nick Montgomery is finding out that he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, certainly not with the pig's breakfast he has to work with. Watching Hibs at the moment is a bit of a boar (sorry Rolleyes ).

Hibs definitely need a miracle in the January transfer window, but so far we've had limited success and Nick thinks that he cannot depend on the Josh Doig bonus being available for incoming transfers. We'll have to wait and see what happens, but we need a new spine to the team, with the injury list not reducing.

I'm not expecting much from this game, other than a chastening lesson from Rangers. It's the same old story - hope for the best, but expect the worst. Surely Hibs have a good game in them, it just needs to surface soon and this would be the perfect scenario to silence the doubters (including me).

GGTTH
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Nick Montgomery on the game
“They’re a good team. They have one away on international duty and we have four. They’ve got a good squad and a very good team. They’re very direct in terms of getting at teams and getting forward. They have pace and some technical players, which is why they’re one of the top teams in the league.
We have to be ready for them but also concentrate on ourselves and the way we play. We know if we can play to the best of our ability then we can get a result against anyone. We’re at home in front of our fans, who have been fantastic, so we will be ready and we’re looking forward to it.”
No press or tackling from midfield
A liability in goals.
A RB out his depth.
And a system that does not suit the personnel.

Oh and of course a pk disallowed that the Huns would have got down the other end.

With all that in mind this score is no surprise.
ritchiebaby likes this post
All NM has is Plan A, he'll be lucky to last the season, whoever hired a guy who can only play one system shouldn't be hiring managers, same crap appointment as our pretty dismal player recruitment has been for years.
Hibernian head coach Nick Montgomery
"I don't think it was a 3-0 game. It becomes a 3-0 game because we miss massive moments. If you don't take your chances against a team like this, they're going to punish you. In build-up we were very good, we got out quite easy, we created opportunities. We need to be more clinical. It's a difficult period for the club and me as a manager, we've got nine or 10 first-team boys unavailable."

I hate to say this, but Nick Montgomery must have been watching a different game. We didn't get out quite easy, we keep giving the ball away deep in our own half and were rightly punished. I've said it before and I'm certain every other Hibee on here has said it too - we don't have the players to play Nick Montgomery's system, so why doesn't he change it?

We're not clinical enough in attack and we're far too sloppy in defence. The problems are there for all to see. Plus the fact we are only 7 points above Ross County in the play-off place and they've got 2 games in hand.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »