Thread Rating:
League Cup semi final
After a good result at Kilmarnock on the sh*te pitch the draw paired up the JT's with favourites sevco at Hampdump.

I quite fancy Hearts in this one to cause an upset. I take it that the match winner against Killie, Alex Lowry, will not be eligible to play against his parent club which is a shame?

In the other semi, Aberdeen and Hibs are drawn together which, with both sides striding to get to better form, should be a tight game.

Still leaves the possibility of a re run of the 2012 Scottish Cup Final with Hearts and Hibs meeting at the National Stadium............a game that either makes you feel ecstatic or gives you nightmares depending which side of the City your club is based. Wink

Games are due to take place on the weekend of November 4th / 5th where I expect the Hearts v sevco game to take place on the Sunday.

Good luck to both Edinburgh Clubs.
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Well the inevitable happened with sevco making the final to face Aberdeen after a 3 . 1 victory over Hearts.

Hearts did well in the first half stifling the sevco attacks and defending well. Then sevco got the inevitable penalty and after that the JTs had to change tactics to get back in the game especially going 2 down so quickly.

My thoughts were..............

Although slightly different, why wasn't the Hibs penalty claim at least looked at by VAR as both situations had the forward pushing the ball passed the keeper before contact with no touch on the ball? Immediate penalty for sevco.......no surprise. I remember Duc "winning" a penalty against Hibs last season after a VAR review in similar circumstances........all the fan is asking is a consistency and not always favouritism to one side or other. You can bet your life if the Vente situation had happened for sevco the VAR officials would have been all over it!!

Could Clarke have done more for the goals, especially the Tavernier freekick as it was on his side.....unsighted? This would be strange as he set the wall up?

The thing that really stuck in my throat was the 4th official smirking and giving a nod and a smile to the sevco manager after the second goal.........and to think some people don't think the game favours both bigots in Scotland. Disgraceful. Doh
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »