Thread Rating:
Celtic v Hibs - Wednesday 6 December
From East Edinburgh to East Glasgow for Hibs on Wednesday. Not a great distance but surely a great gulf between the teams.

Hibs seem to have found a wee bit of resilience recently but still drift out of some games, which could be fatal against Celtic, a team that keeps on going until the bitter end. Hope for the best but expect the worst would be my brief summary of the game. We are certainly good enough to get a decent result, but do we have the composure and determination to do it?

Marshall, Boyle and Fish were big performers in the win against Aberdeen and we need them (and more) to do it all again.
Cabbage is still good for you
Cannot see Celtic strikers missing as much as Aberdeen did plus their defenders should do better than the Dons. Both goals were totally avoidable, the first a route 1 ball from Marshall and the second a standard corner where the defenders got in each others way. Marshall seemed to have a worldly and the luck certainly went with the defenders..................have they used all their luck up??  Wednesday night will certainly tell you. Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
Nick Montgomery on the game
“It’s going to be a difficult challenge. They’re the best team in the competition in my eyes and that’s what the table suggests too. It’s going to be a tough ask, but we go there full of confidence off the back of a run of good results and some good performance. We’re under no illusions that it’ll be difficult, but I’m looking forward to it.
13 years tell you how hard it is to go there and get a win or some kind of result, but we don’t look at the past. All I can do is set the team up and give them the confidence to get a result. The players aren’t daft they know they will have to work super hard and be disciplined because they’ve got a very good team with a lot of quality. We have quality as well but will have to put in a good performance.”
Monty after the game
"The most disappointing thing was the manner of the goals we conceded. They never carved us open really, it was our own doing, just poor defending. The first two goals are totally avoidable. We had two one-on-ones in the first half. If one of those goes in, it gives us a chance to get back into the game.
Second half, we started brightly and, for me, it's a soft penalty (for Celtic's third goal). I've lost count of how many incidents like that we've had and they never go to the screen. That killed any momentum we had, but we kept going and got a goal back. In patches, we played good stuff and it was good to see some of the young boys on at the end."

As for me after watching Sportscene - not surprising to see us struggle against Celtic. Personally I'm inclined to ignore the results against the Old Firm. It's the rest of the teams we should concentrate on.
We played much better than we did at ibrox. That's the positive.

No real complaints about losing,Celtic played well, but we had a couple of great chances to score that would have made things really difficult for them. Once again VAR goes to check stuff for the old firm when as nick says we see these kind of challenges made against our players regularly.

Meanwhile over at the PBS , hertz had a penalty shout near the end that was surely worth a look by VAR. No dice.

The game is totally rigged up here.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »