Thread Rating:
St Mirren v Hibs - Wednesday 8 November
And the games keep rolling in for the Hibees with a trip to Paisley for a 7.45pm kick-off.

Sometimes we are playing well and losing, sometimes we are playing well in patches and drawing/losing and sometimes we are playing poorly and losing/drawing. The word that is missing is WINNING. That word has been missing for 6 weeks now and we must see a definite improvement in the next couple of games or we will begin to hear the rumbles of discontent from the fans.

Nick Montgomery has my full backing and so has his style of play, but we do not have the players who are totally comfortable in playing out from the back and our opposition know that and try to benefit from that.

St Mirren on the other hand have been grinding out good results and have only lost twice this league season - to Rangers and Celtic - with determined displays. Only Celtic have lost fewer games and this will be a tough ask for Hibs to come away with anything at all.
HerefordBull likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Knowing what football fans are like, Montgomery has to start putting some results together otherwise the natives will start getting restless.

I believe he hasn't got the personnel to play the 4 2 4 he prefers and is waiting for the January transfer window to improve this, and would appear that he is reluctant to play other systems.

The bench on Saturday showed that there is very little in the way of options for him.

St Mirren will be a tough nut to crack which is followed by Kilmarnock at home on Saturday who themselves are showing an up turn in form with their manager just receiving the Manager of the Month award.

Anything less than 4 points from the 2 games and the knives will start to be sharpened. Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
Monty on the game
"We dissected the (Aberdeen) game and we have reflected on the disappointment of the weekend, although there were many positives to take from the performance. I thought we performed really well, what we lacked was in the key moments and the goal we conceded. We had numerous opportunities to win the game, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. So we’ve had to pick the lads after the disappointment and begin to prepare for St Mirren on Wednesday night which we know is going to be a tough game.
It’s a big week, after this week we go into an international break so this is a good opportunity to get some points on the board. Going away anywhere in this league is never easy, we know St Mirren are a very good team and have made a good start to this season."
Another disappointing performance from Hibs who went a goal up twice and were pegged back twice. Although it was a decent away point, it could have been much more. Everyone knows what is holding us back and we must break the habit of dropping points from winning positions.

Monty on the game (from BBC website)
"A lot of frustration. Another game we were ahead in away from home. I thought we should have been smart enough to get out of game. We've been talking about managing games a lot. That's the disappointing thing. They were a lot of positives to take out of that. First-half, I thought we were outstanding."
It's a decent point at the end of the day, but our defending continues to let us down, I'd like to hope the manager will get time but the fans are starting to get a bit restless.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »