Thread Rating:
Hibs v Aberdeen, League Cup Semi
Hibs and Aberdeen meet this evening at Hampdump for a place in the Final against either Sevco or Hearts.

Aberdeen seem to be getting their goal scoring form back with Myslovic and Duc being the danger men. However they still seem vulnerable at the back and need to tighten up.

Hibernian.................well we all know they can either be excellent or absolute sh*te depending on which team turns up. They have been this way for many years. A good point last Saturday against Celtic followed by a poor performance against Ross. Montgomery will go again with the 4 2 4 he prefers, I expect. He will learn that at times you have to change depending on the state of the game..............against Ross at 2.0 up it was crying out for removing a front man and putting an extra midfielder on Doh

As both defenses are suspect it could be a high scoring game but think Aberdeen have slightly more coming from midfield so will go for a Dons victory 3 . 2 ( possibly after extra time.)

Both clubs are taking fairly healthy supports through to Glasgow so should lend to a good atmosphere. Thumb up
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Aberdeen have been rotten of late, we will never get a better chance of getting to a final.

Although that 2 goal collapse midweek was really concerning, Hanlon is totally done and that keeper didnae look too clever at times.
What can you say?

Absolutely the best team didn't win, but as soon as the goal was chalked off I'd a feeling it wouldn't be our night.
Looks like sevco are going to play aberdeen in the final.

Zander Clark has absolutely shat the bed 2nd half.
From the BBC website
Hibernian manager Nick Montgomery: "I'm hurting and the boys are hurting. I thought we were the better side, I don't think anybody could deny that.
There were some real difficult decisions to swallow in a game of this magnitude. I'm not the referee, or on VAR, but I don't know how they've ruled Martin Boyle's goal offside. And we possibly should've had a penalty.
I thought we played really well and had opportunities, but you have decisions that go against you; that hurts because I thought it was a good opportunity for us to get to the final."

I've never seen any of it thanks to a hectic curling schedule over the last 4 days, but it sounds as though we were knocking on the door on several occeasions once again.
Cabbage is still good for you
i still think that was a perfectly good goal. The penalty was a bit more debatable, he definitely catches his foot a bit when the ball has gone, sevco would definitely have got it though. They have had 3 penalties in a week against hertz ffs.

We were better and quicker for most of the game but we just couldn't take it when they went down to 10.
ritchiebaby likes this post
You'd think the referee was someone like John Beaton! ........ Wait a minute. Doh
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »