Thread Rating:
Hibs v Ross County - Tuesday 31 October
Hibs are offering heavily discounted tickets at £10 for adults as an Halloween Treat, a marketing Trick to be admired. No more scary stuff on the pitch, please, with hopefully the same team/bench as usual. Not that we have many options to do differently until our injury absentees are ready. A win against The Staggies would see us zoom up into 4th equal place in the table (for a day at least, anyway).

Ross County let a 2-goal lead against Motherwell slip away in the last 10 minutes yesterday, showing a late vulnerability. Ex-Hibees Ross Laidlaw and Simon Murray could have a big say in the eventual outcome on Tuesday.
Cabbage is still good for you
Monty on the game
“We started preparing straight away for Ross County. They’re well organised and Malky Mackay is an experienced manager, I’ve seen his teams and played against his teams. They will come with a game plan and we’re not expecting anything less than a difficult game.
We’ve been watching how everyone is after the Celtic game. I will choose a team which is good enough to get the result. I won’t take a risk with anyone who isn’t 100% because we play at a high intensity. Christian Doidge could be back; it wasn’t serious, it was just a tweak in the muscle. When players have these issues, there’s no point in taking a risk. He’s fighting to be involved tomorrow. We will take the information and advice and make a decision.
There’s plenty of boys knocking on my door to start, including some of the young boys. It’s important to concentrate game to game and full focus is on Ross County.”
Typical Hibs.........great battling draw v Celtic last Saturday and then throwing away 2 points last night v Ross County. Looking through the team this morning it would appear Montgomery "rested" some players with an eye on the semi final at the weekend??? Huh

His subs appear strange also, and I noticed even then he stuck with his usual formation instead of putting on an extra midfielder to see the game out?? Huh
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
It's pointless going over the same point again and again, but we seem incapable of learning from previous mistakes. We all criticised Lee Johnson for not having a Plan B and I sincerely hope that Monty does not fall into the same category. He obviously wants to get his playing style across and I applaud him for that, and I hope that he has his eyes open to find new players in January who can play in that style.

Monty on the game
"Two-nil up at home and giving two goals away is definitely two points dropped. I don't think we were complacent. I made a couple of changes tonight and I will take responsibility for those. We have to be better and I share the fans' frustration at the way we conceded the two goals because they were both avoidable. We should have managed the game better, but we didn't."
(01-11-2023, 22:59)ritchiebaby Wrote: It's pointless going over the same point again and again, but we seem incapable of learning from previous mistakes. We all criticised Lee Johnson for not having a Plan B and I sincerely hope that Monty does not fall into the same category. He obviously wants to get his playing style across and I applaud him for that, and I hope that he has his eyes open to find new players in January who can play in that style.

Monty on the game
"Two-nil up at home and giving two goals away is definitely two points dropped. I don't think we were complacent. I made a couple of changes tonight and I will take responsibility for those. We have to be better and I share the fans' frustration at the way we conceded the two goals because they were both avoidable. We should have managed the game better, but we didn't."

Welcome to Hibs Nick Big Grin
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »