Thread Rating:
Rangers v Hibs - Saturday 21 October
Hibs travel to Ibrox on Saturday desperate to improve their recent record there. Nick Montgomery seems to have instilled a new confidence and mental toughness in the Hibs' team and it will certainly be needed on Saturday. We have the flair and pace in attack and hope to put a sometimes shaky Rangers' defence under pressure. No doubt we will be playing against their twelfth man and maybe the relevant instructions will have not been received in time by the match officials.

As for Rangers, they might benefit from the new manager bounce as we did, but Phillipe Clement has not yet had much time to get the team playing his way. He says he is starting with a clean sheet with his players, so there might be a settling-in period, which could benefit us.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Hibs are still very light in midfield especially if Montgomery sticks with 424.

Only going to be one outcome........................but good luck anyway! Wink
"FOREVER UNITED"
Expecting sevco to get even more from the officials than normal. So get your cash on us losing a pk or a red if they aren't getting their new manager bounce.

There's nothing to fear footballing wise, they are not very good, and if they lose the first goal they tend to struggle.

Clement is an odd choice. His record in Belgium is good but he spent a lot of money ,funded by sales of young quality players. At Monaco on the other hand where expectations were higher he had a nightmare and was genuinely hated by the fans..
Gifted the points before we even got started really. Fair enough play attacking style but you have to compete in the midfield at Ibrox and we were hopelessly naive on that front leaving sevco an extra man.

We all accept we have work to do with our defending, but we didn't turn up today at all.. Really disappointing. Nick had 2 weeks to prepare us after all.

Against selleck we can't set up that open.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
Having seen the TV highlights, we were well and truly turned over. Some good goals from them, but we made it so easy for them with our woeful passing and positioning. Rangers play in blue, we play in green. Have our players gone colour blind? A lot of hard thinking and talking to be done this week.
Nick Montgomery on the game
"I am not going to change the way we play. I thought mistakes cost us today. The first goal it's nothing to do with the way we play and it gives them a lift. The second goal, I genuinely think it was a foul on Joe Newell. I've been here six weeks and that's the first defeat. It definitely wasn't our day today. We move on and can take some positives from the game."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »