Thread Rating:
Hearts v Hibs - Saturday 7 October
This is the first of the 3 biggest games for Hibs to come in successive League games - not just because of the teams involved, but we could win 2 of them to push us up the league table.

The Jambos are first up at Tynecastle, but are certainly not a team to be wary of, no more than any other. We have been playing well recently, creating lots of chances and controlling games for long spells. The game against Dundee proved more awkward than expected, but we won't come up against a keeper's performance like that every week. Hibs dominated in every regard and there's no reason to doubt that we won't have numerous chances against Hearts. Another draw might be on the cards, but I hope that we have the ambition to come away with a win.

They, on the other hand, have struggled a bit in the League recently, with a drab win against a poor Ross County on Saturday one of their highlights. Hearts don't score many goals, but they lose even fewer, so we have to try to alter that record.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Nick Montgomery on The Derby

“I can’t wait for it. We’ve had a good week of preparation on the training ground and the boys are ready. I’m sure the fans are ready. The boys are really looking forward to the Derby tomorrow, it will be an electric atmosphere and two good teams will be battling it out for bragging rights, which adds an extra bit of spice to it. It’s about controlling the emotions. In terms of preparation to the game, it’s still a game of football, there’s three points at stake and the ball is still round. The atmosphere will be electric, the fans are desperate for us to win, we’re taking a big crowd, and I’m really looking forward to seeing our fans in full voice.”
And a madcap match ends in the points being shared. Hearts went ahead with a terrific strike from Alan Forrest to lead at half-time, but Hibs fought back in the second half after a Christian Doidge own goal gave Hearts a 2-goal cushion - proof of my long-held belief that strikers are a liability in their own box.

Ellie Youan scored twice in 83 seconds with over 20 minutes to go and the madness continued after that. It apparently could have finished 6-6. I'll need to watch the Sportscene highlights to take a more constructive view.
Nick Montgomery on the game - "total madness"
"The reaction was spot on. I thought we were the better team by far second half, but we weren't good enough first half. It's probably the first time I've lost my temper [at half time]. All in all, happy to come back and a point is deserved by both teams. We'll take that and we'll move on."

Ellie Youan on himself and the team
"I knew I didn't play well first half, so I came on the pitch second half with other intentions. I just wanted to score. I was hoping for three but scored two. I'm happy for the team, now we're more like a family. Everybody is happy to come into training. We stick together regardless of what happens in the game."
(07-10-2023, 18:09)ritchiebaby Wrote: And a madcap match ends in the points being shared. Hearts went ahead with a terrific strike from Alan Forrest to lead at half-time, but Hibs fought back in the second half after a Christian Doidge own goal gave Hearts a 2-goal cushion - proof of my long-held belief that strikers are a liability in their own box.

Ellie Youan scored twice in 83 seconds with over 20 minutes to go and the madness continued after that. It apparently could have finished 6-6. I'll need to watch the Sportscene highlights to take a more constructive view.

I watched them and it seemed more like the Alamo with Hibs not offering much. Whistle

One worldlly goal and three lucky ones!
"FOREVER UNITED"
Same here, HB, it looked as though we just survived with a lucky point. Having said that, the BBC highlights didn't match their radio commentary and website reporting at the time. Hibs were definitely worth a point.

In the two weeks' international break before our next game, Hibs have Lewis Miller and Martin Boyle in the Australian squad, Rocky Bushiri in the DRCongo squad, Dylan Levitt for Wales and Rudi Molotnikov for the Scottish Under-19s.
Aye Ritchie.......sometimes the BBC editing isn't the best. Wink Whistle
"FOREVER UNITED"
Just back on after a horror time with the dreaded COVID. Looking at a screen for more than a minute was agony.

Anyways just wanted to say how great this game was and what a scandal it wasn't covered by sky.

I thought a draw was probably right on balance, but from our perspective there has been a real noticeable improvement in our build up play and gameplan.

The new manager is getting more out of youan already, the boys a bit of an enigma but the talents there.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Glad you've fought it off, jim. Not Covid with me, but a severe reaction to the Covid/Flu Jab. Thankfully it only lasted 24 hours.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »