Thread Rating:
Hibs v Dundee - Saturday 30 September
Hibs have another home game and could complete an unbeaten September with a win over Dundee. Maybe I'm getting carried away with the Montgomery Effect, but the noticeable improvement is all down to him, plus the players' new found enthusiasm, commitment and belief.

Not only has he instilled his own work ethic into his players, but also his positive style and attitude. He's also shown he's willing to promote younger players into the first team squad, making them believe that he's starting with an open mind about them. Now the team is looking more confident and the bench is looking stronger.

As for Dundee, Josh Mulligan lost his red card appeal and will miss the game. But Dundee have already proved they will fight on to the bitter end, so they should not be discounted. Let's not give them a chance to do the Edinburgh double.

I expect a hard game, but surely (hopefully) Hibs' attacking flair will win the day.
Cabbage is still good for you
Montgomery on Dundee
“They had a good start to the season, so did St Mirren, and we didn’t. We’re looking to progress and push on with this momentum. We will give them full respect but it’s about us. We will approach this full of confidence, but we won’t be complacent because they’re a good side.”

Montgomery on Hibs
“It’s always about the team, we have strength in depth, and we mostly have two players in each position fighting for a spot in the First Team; fighting in a good way, supporting each other. You’ve seen in the last few games that the players we’ve brought off the bench have given us either more energy, more power, or changed things, and that’s the sign of a good squad. The subs are just as important as the players who start. We will pick a team and a bench that’ll give us the result.”
Cabbage is still good for you
How that game finished 0-0 i don't know. Carson had an unbelievable game, yet despite all our pressure i was quite impressed with dundee. I thought they played some nice stuff in the middle of the park , defended well and nearly won it at the death with a great move.

Our attackers had a bit of an off day - i probably would have persisted with vente a bit longer but all things considered we are going in the right direction. 3 games in a week and 2 wins/1 draw.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »