Thread Rating:
Kilmarnock v Hibs - Saturday 16 September
Nick Montgomery takes his Hibs' side to Rugby Park tomorrow, accompanied by around 1,800 fans. Any points scored in this difficult game will be most welcome and Hibs often play well on the artificial pitch. We'll see if Montgomery's different style has an immediate effect - the new manager bounce. There's no doubt that Lee Johnson wasn't taking the players with him in his tactics and attitude. Many of the players will be aware that they might be playing for their futures at Easter Road in the next three months or so and will give their all for the team.

Killie have had a couple of poor results recently, mainly due to a lack of goals, and will have been glad of the international break. They haven't lost many goals though and this could be a close low-scoring encounter with one goal in it.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
It's the same old story. The attack did their bit by scoring 2 goals but the defence couldn't see the game out successfully. To be fair, we should have had 3 or 4 goals in the first half.

Nick's comments
"I thought we had enough chances, especially in the first half, to kill the game off, but all credit to them, they had good fight.

"I said to the boys, we're going to go in every week to try to win the game. They showed great composure on the ball and caused problems for them.

"It's two points dropped but I'm proud of the boys' efforts. It would have been nice to cap off [the week] with three points but we've got three home games coming up, which I'm looking forward to."
Cabbage is still good for you
Well the new manager started positively - 2 attacking wide players and 2 strikers away from home. Thought we played v well 1st half.

Its an away point but it felt like a defeat at the end, as we had the 3 points in the bag. After Doidge went off we didn't hold the ball up at all, and when Vente went off we lost a lot of our goal threat.

Both goals lost were avoidable. Rocky is what he is i'm afraid, he always has that bombscare ability about him. Our defending is just so bad and has been for a while.

Still i liked how montgomerie spoke afterwards, positive and professional. Johnson never convinced me that he was truly focused and aware of what was doing. It felt quite random at times under him, He came over as quite an arrogant person. Montgomerie seemed to understand how the game changed and why, i'm hopeful with more time with the players we will do well under him.

He has to address that defending first of all - we have no issue scoring goals though.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »