Thread Rating:
Hibs sack Johnson
Quote:Hibernian have sacked manager Lee Johnson after five defeats in nine games this season.

Is this the right call? Who should Hibs select as a replacement?

Well it wasn't the right call to get him in in the first place. What were you thinking? Huh

Hope you make a wiser choice this time.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Thank God.

Every week it was a constant struggle to work out wtf he was trying to do personnel wise. Plus he was backed heavily in the summer and we still can't deal with simple cross balls. He did get some good results at times though tbf but they often felt despite him rather than by anything he actually did, i could never take to him, with his couldn't care less demeanor in the dugout and his barman at a strip joint clothing choices.

A david brent like character in interviews as well.

Time to go and get someone proper and build.
Amelia Chaffinch, ritchiebaby, Lord Snooty like this post
As Steven Thompson said, it was "no surprise" when Johnson was sacked. What is a surprise to me is that it took so long. Unfortunately, Hibs are not in the market for a top manager (or players) and will be looking for a decent journeyman manager who can get the best out of his players.

Sir David Gray will take the helm meantime, but is he the man for the permanent job? I'm not too sure about that or even if he will want it. I am sure that Neil Lennon's name will crop up, but he brings a certain baggage with him and will ruffle a few feathers in the club. I'm dreading Jim Goodwin's name being brought up.  Or even the bread man, hated by Hibs fans.  Doh

One name I'd throw into the frame is Kevin Thomson. Could/would we take a chance on a young manager again?
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
And now Scott Brown is available, after being sacked at Fleetwood Town.
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »