Thread Rating:
Luzern v Hibs, Thursday 17 August
Well the countdown timer has already started for Hibs before they travel to Switzerland on Tuesday with a 3-1 advantage gained from their 1st leg UEFA CL exploits at ER Stadium. I've come to the conclusion, as previously stated months ago, that Johnson is not a trusted tactical manager who can master a solid strategy to ensure that Hibs hold this unexpected but welcome two goal advantage over our Swiss opponents. I also do not trust Hibs rear guard with a goalkeeper who I regard as an absolute liability. They are not defensively solid and Will Fish's erratic defensive form is concerning. Therefore this match is one to regard with great trepidation. One can only hope against hope that these players "show up" and are fully organised and primed by David Gray and other Hibs background staff to ensure our advantage is not threatened inside the full 90 mins of testy footie. Oh to score the 1st goal in this particular game eh!!

GGTTH
We'll lose one goal because of Marshall and another because of fatigue (aka old age), so it's anybody's game.
Cabbage is still good for you
There is a massive amount of money riding on this for the club. We should be capable of going over there and getting the job done but you just never know.
It's very clear to me that Hibs need to strengthen that defence with extra players brought in who can be immediately slotted in. Hibs have signed defenders like Harbottle and yet it already looks he has been discarded and reckoned to be not good enough to do a job in the 1st team. That is very poor scouting while Johnson is still holding to play older, experienced players like Paul Hanlon and Stevo who have been great servants to HFC (Stevo a role model for up n coming young Hibs players) and can still be used as backup players.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/te...c-luzern-a

Hibs starting line-up attack-minded and one hopes Johnson knows what he is doing this time. However, looking at the team - Marshall? I hope he plays well even though he is a liability of a goalie! Campbell??? Never started a game very well at all!! Why is he playing in this match? Youann? Played like a "headless chicken" since the very first game in Andorra. Every player must be up for this match!!

GOOOAAALLLL!!! Thumb up 1-4 on aggregate for Hibs - Youann has showed up!! Well done! 1-1 that advantage didn't last long! Rolleyes Utterly awful defending; why are Hibs so porous??? What kinda defensive coach do we have to play like that??? Coolness and assured playing skills required. Big moment in this tie - Boyly through on their goalie and he has been tripped by their CB - Hibs denied a pk! Thumb down HT 1-1
It's very clear that players like Ellie Youann "putting in a shift" tonight and pressing on to their defence - such extra effort and commitment!!
2-1 on 70 mins, game on!! Oh but what is happening here - YOUANN TO BOYLY???? GOOOAAALLLLLLLL!!! 2-2 A HUGE GOAL!!!! Thumb up Thumb up
Youann shows that he can play when up for it and playing properly. I'd say that is Youann's finest performance in a Hibs jersey. Take a bow that man!! That's why Hibs paid out a lotta money for him!!

2-2 tonight and a 3-5 Hibs win on aggregate! So it comes to pass that Hibs face Aston Villa in the UEFA CL play-off final!! John McGinn returns to ER Stadium!!
ritchiebaby likes this post
That's not good for you!!! But we got the job done after being pummelled all night. Attack is the best form of defence after all.
Cabbage is still good for you
Obviously delighted with the result, but fearing the ramifications on future season progress. Hibs could've lost 5 or 6 goals tonight TBF. However, it didn't happen! And very clear a lotta Hibs players, incl Youann, trying their utmost to qualify for the play-off final. The next challenge v Villa at ER Stadium (next Wednesday) is huge, a money-maker for Hibs. Nae chance of qualifying in my humble opinion. Never achieved that success in their history v English league opponents, but a glamour game to watch all the same. And huge security issues to deal with, particularly in the return leg in Birmingham in two weeks.
What a result that is for the club. Well done to all involved. Villa will absolutely hammer us but what an experience for all involved with Hibs. A proper big game away from the poison of the old firm.

Luzerne were pretty gash all things considered but like servette against the scum the previous night if they had taken their chances they would have won comfortably.

Next up please sort out our domestic form.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »