Thread Rating:
Motherwell v Hibs, Sunday 13 August
Well this is another testy Scot Prem fixture coming up two days after a Euro thriller at ER where players exertions have been greatly expended. What team does Johnson start in this match? He commented four days ago that "the players have to become accustomed to Thursday matches followed by Sunday matches". However, I beg to differ re the practise of starting the same players - totally daft in my humble opinion and most reputable footie managers playing in Euro footie choose amended and fresher line-ups to suit the circumstances. Hibs player pool not strong enough? That is indeed the case even with certain new signings in the frame. Anyway, a big Hibs away support will be travelling to Fir Park on Sunday, many of whom will be pondering on what Hibs team will show up for this match. IMO our defence needs to be bolstered. Marshall still in Hibs goal - very debatable at the moment! Up front? I'm hoping Dylan Vente makes his mark on his Scot Prem debut and I wanna see a better service to the big man from both flanks this time. Also no serious injuries please!! C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Attack is the best form of defence? We'll see if that's true on Sunday.
Cabbage is still good for you
Playing thursday/sunday football is hugely challenging for even the uglies never mind a club like hibs that doesn't have huge strength in depth.

For that reason i think rotating players is inevitable. Is the younger Boruc available to step up for a SPL game ?
Here's a question to answer re Hibs goalies - "Who was the last decent goalie Hibs have fielded down the years, excluding Rocky who I regard as being one of the better ones"? I'd also omit the "roly-poly goalie", Conrad Logan, who is now a Scottish Cup legend. I've missed him out because of the few games he played for Hibs. Hibs have a vg past historical record of fielding competent to exceptional goalies. However, in recent decades they have hardly given any young up n coming goalie a chance of grabbing a 1st team place while other established Hibs goalies have been rated poor to average. I don't know what to make of Marshall's situation esp when one peruses his past decent CV - lotsa experience and also being a retired Scotland goalie who became well known because of a pk shootout win v Serbia that gave Scotland a first Euro finals qualification, indeed any international tourney qualification since 1997.
You just knew we'd get turned over in this one after midweek, what i didn't expect was a complete absence of any kind of effort.

Johnson spouting his usual pish afterwards. The guy is an absolute spoofer.
Yep! Another predictable result and that's why I didn't bother commenting on it at all up to now. I'll tell you one thing that really pissed me off re this match and that is the passive response of the Hibs players/defenders on conceding the second goal when Fish was clearly pushed and knocked off balance in the lead up to this well-taken goal - not one Hibs player was screaming "blue murder" to the ref re that blatant push on Fish!!! That tells me all I wanna know re lotsa Hibs players - happy to get a game and very little team unity apparent as well as no shots on target until well after 4.30pm!! Crap, unimpressive and predictable as we observed in many games like this one in season 2022-23.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »