Thread Rating:
UEFA Conference League 3rd play-off round: Hibs v Luzern, Thurs 10 August
Well I think this is gonna be a tough assignment for Hibs v a Swiss team from a better footie top league than we have here in Scotland. However, we have a small chance to qualify and Hibs really need to show up in the 1st leg at ER Stadium to try and register some kinda positive result before they travel to Switzerland a week later. I'll be there to give them my support and can only hope that Johnson chooses his best team for this type of Euro challenge and applies a sensible strategy, defensively and in attack, to ensure Hibs are competing in this play-off until the very end when the winner is confirmed.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ve...-fc-luzern

Dylan Vente available for this match and what a welcome boost that will hopefully lift the whole team to produce a top performance tomorrow night. C'mon Hibs!!

GGTTH
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66441871

Just back from ER and what a potentially priceless third goal scored by Obita in the latter stages of this entertaining match where Joe Newell's excellent strike, to make the score 1-0, opened up the game and Hibs unfortunately conceding a goal no thanks to Marshall's indecision in dealing with a simple cross-ball competently before conceding that needless corner kick/goal - he just looks like a goalie who is shot of all confidence and very indecisive! AND BRAVO TO DYLAN VENTE, OUR NEW DUTCH CENTRE FORWARD - A GOAL IN YOUR DEBUT MATCH, A CRACKING HEADER FOR THE SECOND GOAL. Well done!! Thumb up This was his first match for Hibs, but he looks like the real deal based on his involvement in this game - an intelligent CF with the savvy Le Fondre forging a decent partnership up front with the big man. Also good to see Hibs battling out this match in the second half when the Swiss side was pushing up against Hibs defence. That third goal by Ovita has certainly given Hibs a fighting chance to progress to the play-off final although let me emphasise this Euro tie is not over. Hibs strategy and starting line-up for the second leg in Switzerland will be interesting. Lastly, I can't hide my initial delight after viewing what Dylan Vente has to offer Hibs up front. Not getting excited yet, but the signs are good!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Vente and le Fondre looked good and could be an exciting new double act. Early days but both have a lot of potential.
Cabbage is still good for you
That was much more like it. The result flattered us a wee bit but LJ was tactically bold, played the players in their correct positions and our forwards carried a threat. - Vente could be the real thing, but i really like the look of Ovita as well.

Best player on the park was Joe Newell though, but of course the tie is not over yet.
I think Youann will need to "up his game" to keep Obita away from his wing position. The Frenchman has not been playing well enough to get a starting place.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »