Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Mirren, Sun 6 August
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/pr...mirren-h-3

I wonder what Johnson's starting line-up will be when one considers the big UEFA CL challenge at ER next Thursday v Luzern? I just hope it will be a seriously competitive one that can win the 1st PL game of the season.
FT Hibs 2 St Mirren 3 - I foresaw this negative result coming and made sure I was doing something else today, well away from ER Stadium. Hence my sceptical OP re a Hibs team playing two days after a competitive Euro match in which I'm damn sure St Mirren FC had an observer, poss their manager Stephen Robinson, present at ER on Thursday night. Beaten as expected and I gather from the scant post match info that I perused on my mobile phone, Johnson picked the wrong starting team (we don't have an adequate player pool to take on these close-knit matches anyway!!), caught out tactically by a 4-3-3 strategy (and reacting far too late to rectify the situation in the 1st half!!) with certain players physically not up for it. Hibs apparently done by a soft VAR pk decision (not again eh!!!!!! Rolleyes) for that all-important opening goal and the usual fragility of this team exposed for most of the 1st half after that crucial moment. Also looking at Johnson's line-up, "Why on earth play Marshall in Hibs goal"?????? Nuts in my humble opinion - shouldn't be Hibs 1st choice goalie at all!!! And where is our expensive Dutch centre forward when we need him now!!!!!!???? Still waiting on a ####### work permit Hibs!!!!!!?????? Huh
ritchiebaby likes this post
We played well for about 20 mins the day, we were 2nd best for the rest of the game. LJ picked the wrong team and system AGAIN, plus he looked totally disengaged with what was going on for most of the game compared to Robinson.

The midfield was a joke, the defending for their winner absolutely laughable. If you cannae see that boy isnae a right back you shouldn't be a manager.

You can point to the non penalty as really bad luck but we didn't really deserve anything from the game.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
I certainly won't back Johnson as a remotely competent manager, but the pathetic attempts of Hibs' defenders to pass themselves as good enough to wear the jersey was indeed laughable. You can't blame Johnson for all of the woeful and inept display. Mickey Mouse would have done better (as a player and manager)!
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »