Thread Rating:
Euro Conference League, 2nd round, 1st leg - Inter Club d'Escaldes v Hibs
This will be an intriguing first Euro match in Andorra and observing how Hibs take on this Euro quali cup-tie that they should be able to win without "busting a gut". However, one must raise an element of caution as players' fitness levels are still being gradually trained up for the start of the new Scottish footie season and the art of goal scoring in this Hibs side is still "open to question" for many Hibs fans.

GGTTH
I see both legs will shown live on the Beeb - tomorrow's is on i-Player and BBC Sport Scotland website at 4pm and next week's is on BBC Scotland and the i-Player at 7pm.
0762 and Lord Snooty like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
I'll try to buy match tickets for the 2nd leg at ER. A nice wee outing next Thursday and it will hopefully be a pleasant night weather-wise.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/in...s-2-hibs-1
FT and Hibs lose 2-1 in a very poor match. Players getting pelters from many Hibs fans after the game. These fans paid out decent money to travel to Andorra and served up with this poor standard of footie. As for Marshall's latest gaffe to give them a 2-0 lead? Unbelievably lax from the goalie and one of the worst goals I've ever seen Hibs concede!!! Thumb down A 10-20mph poorly hit low shot that I (and many other Hibs fans who have played footie!) would've "saved in ma sleep"!! He has gaffed before and cost us an embarrassing defeat this time. Newell's strike keeps us in a decent position to win this Euro tie although lotsa personal performances need to be improved for the return leg. Boyly to return for the second leg IMO Mr Johnson!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
You shudda kept young Schofield. Too late now though. He's gone south to play up for Pompey.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Aye! A good prospect. Some of these Hibs players couldn't even pass a baw accurately from 15-20 metres. That is embarrassingly poor. I can still pass a baw accurately from 10-70 metres and I'm no spring chicken!! I expect the same, or better, from any Hibs player who is "worth his salt" in this regard as it is is a natural, fundamental part of playing footie at this level in my humble opinion. As for taking corners tonight?? What gives with the number of overhit CKs??? Again this function bordered on embarrassment!!
Dearie me, that’s a very poor result. I see the manager is not making excuses but then proceeds to say altitude made it difficult. I’ve been to this ground when we had to collect our England tickets for the game in the National stadium and at no point did I think altitude would affect the players. Yes it’s higher than most grounds but it’s not halfway up Everest
David Marshall Doh Angry Get rid of him now.

The only problem with altitude is that most of the players' heads are in the clouds.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
What a xxxx embarrassment....Johnson is a useless manager. I'm not a fan.
Yep! I still think the sudden late season goal-scoring form of Kevin Nisbet, following a long injury, lifted the team last season and it ultimately "saved Johnson's bacon" at a time of real crisis and questions raised re the manager's ability to run a Hibs 1st team properly. Even Hibs Euro quali success in the last couple of games was really "hot n cold" - unimpressive. The same criticisms apply now as levelled in Johnson's direction last season. For example, last night he played Melkerson in the wrong position up front. The manager has played this lad in a forward wing position before and it disnae work!!!!!!!!! Thumb down The player is not effective in that role!!! Hence, as before, I question Johnson's ability to learn from his previous errors and wrong tactics. Also giving Marshall another year's contract was baffling at the time and criticised by many Hibs fans like myself and others on this Sb board. Then Marshall repays HFC's "thumbs up" to him by performing one of the biggest gaffes I've ever seen from a Hibs goalie!!! Thumb down He should not be our number 1 goalie TBF about it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »