Thread Rating:
The Staggies survive in epic relegation battle!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65736747

So the perennial "survivors" do it again after looking "down and out" v Partick Thistle at 0-3 (agg score) in the 1st half of the 2nd leg play-off match. This is a match to watch as it had everything with both sets of players giving maximum effort and commitment, a game that resembled the events in the Qatar World Cup final last year. The game finally decided in a pk shootout. Great sympathy for the Jags who gave a lot to the Scot Prem play-offs and really should've managed out this tie after going 0-1 ahead (0-3 agg) in the 1st half - a sore defeat to take after being 20 mins away from Scot Prem footie next season. One huge question mark attached to the ref adhering to a Police request to stage the pk shootout in front of the Ross Co fans??????? Why??? And why dismiss the standard practise of tossing a coin to choose???
The VAR penalty decision was a nonsense but Partick had their chances which they spurned
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Yep! Another handball decision that was a total joke and crucial to this result IMO!! Another Partick Thistle pk claim dismissed and the decision down to interpretation although I did think the Jags' player "dived".
The more Scottish football I see the more I think Scottish referees and refereeing itself are as incompetent as the English.

Hmmm, let's go over to VAR whilst we all cook a snack or walk the dog ........

I like the retro look of Partick and their fans. It felt like time travel.

I felt particularly sorry for the nine-year-old Staggie's player sent off in the first game. A detention was the most he deserved. Jeez he looked so close to tears even during the second game!
Partick did a Peterborough really. They absolutely shat the bed.
However, the previous old SFA link/association with Malky Mackay called into question by some fans - possibly gave him that slender "life line" the Staggies needed!!? Rolleyes I watched that crucial pk decision again and no way that was a pen against Partick's CF, Graham!! He has actually been fouled and tipped off-balance in a clear neck hold by the Ross Co forward!! A shockingly pivotal moment in the match that was a big factor in making this result happen albeit the Jags "choked" in the latter stages of the game.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »