Thread Rating:
Does the FA Cup start in September for you?
Yes that wonderful competition is already under way with non-league teams battling it out in Preliminary Rounds and the First Qualifying round fixtures to be played on the 13th September.

Full details are on the FA Cup website (http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures) are you a fan of one of these teams or if they are local to you will you be watching them play?
Lord Snooty likes this post
My 2nd team Buxton are at home to Ramsbottom and Chesterfield are at home to Scunny in the league so will have to decide which one I'll go to.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Started in August watch Lancaster when not watching PNE, they play West Allottment Celtic on Saturday having won away at Washington 7-0 in the last round
I think I actually played in it once Undecided We got knocked out in the semi-final by Arsenal Whistle for Filey Town against Fishburn Park Undecided

We lost 1-0 Angry
WakeyTerrier likes this post
and complicated
I think the FA Cup is the most important trophy in English football but its a shame certain clubs don't take it seriously till they get to the Quarter-final stage. I love it when the underdogs knock out the bigger teams.

Only way to get it back to the status it used to have is to make a Champions League spot available to the winner. This should stop the big teams fielding a team full of reserves on the off chance that they could get into the CL via the back doorstep.
Yeah they could start doing that, it will make clubs think about taking it seriously but most Premier League clubs don't really care about it as they find it a distraction and would rather concentrate on finishing 17th in the league. Fans will remember when there team won silverware not when they finished 17th in the Premier League.

I also think non-league clubs and the lower league football clubs should get bigger prize money for each round.
Lord Snooty likes this post

Tipton Town's run to reach the First Round proper was really memorable a few years back; unfortunately they got a hammering at Carlisle in the end, but a real achievement for them. They're away against Blaby and Whetstone Athletic this year.

Somebody on old 606 years ago used to do a thread where he picked a random club in the very first Preliminary Round of the cup and did a profile on them (history, location, venue, team, interesting facts etc), following them through the rounds until they got knocked out, at which point he'd switch to the team which had eliminated them and continue the profiles, and so on through the rounds until the final. I might do something similar on here for this season's competition.
(11-09-2014, 08:57)Ska Wrote: Tipton Town's run to reach the First Round proper was really memorable a few years back; unfortunately they got a hammering at Carlisle in the end, but a real achievement for them.  They're away against Blaby and Whetstone Athletic this year.

Somebody on old 606 years ago used to do a thread where he picked a random club in the very first Preliminary Round of the cup and did a profile on them (history, location, venue, team, interesting facts etc), following them through the rounds until they got knocked out, at which point he'd switch to the team which had eliminated them and continue the profiles, and so on through the rounds until the final.  I might do something similar on here for this season's competition.

I've read about journalists doing this but going to the matches and writing about them. I think they call it the Road to Wembley.

Yeah, that's it. Don't think I'd have the money to be travelling the country and watching the games, but it'd be interesting to learn about a few clubs as the competition progresses. Maybe in a few years' time I might scrape together some time and cash to travel round the country and do it as a proper project...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »