Thread Rating:
Hertz v Hibs - season finale
So the season ends with a 1-1 draw at the PBS. And again i'm left thinking it should have been better.

As far as i'm concerned 3rd was a definite possibility this season, 4th should have happened but instead we ended 5th.

Hertz played total anti-football again, constant fouling, diving and time wasting, some of their fans were also an absolute disgrace. That said our response was panic, and launching of endless high balls forward. I know the hertz keeper made a couple of good saves but our tactics and game management were really poor again. Zero in the way of composure and quality.

As for the melee at fulltime, Naismith being a snide wee dick had a lot to do with it. I hate that prick with a passion, no doubt in my mind he told Shankland to do what he did early on. I really wish one of our guys had smashed him one.

A sour end to whats been a pretty strange season.
0762 likes this post
Yep! That sums it up more or less! Note Naismith was also similarly "at it" in the previous match v Rangers at Ibronx. He already appears to be a rookie manager who can't handle pressure. I found it quite amusing watching Hertz fans more or less celebrating abject failure when one reflects back to all their previous orchestrations re taking over the 3rd place in the Scot Prem!! How fickle! And watching this "fallback position", where they just managed to "sneak" fourth place, is laughable esp in a match where Hibs dominated the game. Indeed, Hibs should've been well ahead of Hertz by the time this game arose when one takes into account the huge number of VAR decisions against Hibs and balanced out v the few decisions we got. Then add in Marshall's gaffes as well and that massively important pk miss by Nisbet at Pittodrie when the goalie was definitely off his line and VAR never spotted (unlike a similar pk goalie offence at Tannadice last weekend!!!!)!! Lets be frank about this result- Hibs made the result happen more so than Hertz made it. They were there to be beaten and they should've been beaten by Hibs. The usual profligacy by Hibs players in front of Hertz goal just "beggared belief". For example, the Lewis header from 2 metres????? A bullet header on target beats the goalie ya idiot! Newell's shot??? The guy doesn't score goals - should've "buried" that goal opportunity that made Clark look good!! Btw Hibs have been "crying out" for a driving mid player who can power "into the hole" in front of Hertz defence and score goals (unlike Newell!!). We would've won this game comfortably with such a player in our ranks. As for Hendo? Delighted this sub was subbed!! Wrong attitude/commitment and I hope that is his last game for Hibs - not good enough. We are not far away from being a very good footie team and I just hope Hibs make the right transfer decisions in the summer as we are clearly gonna lose some decent players as well as "getting rid of the dead wood" - we need to continue with positive progress and keep improving this team. I've previously commented, the same as Ritchie, that I'm not interested in Euro footie next season - too much of a distraction and can potentially damage our domestic season; plus, like all the other Scot footie pretenders who will be involved in Euro footie - we are not gonna do anything!!! IMO we need to keep rebuilding and improving to attain a higher standard of consistent footie performance. It looks like transfer business, here and elsewhere, will decide what kinda transfer biz will materialise in the summer. I'm quite optimistic it will be a positive transfer period in the months ahead. Still not sure re Johnson as Hibs manager although he has improved his status a tad since the time when many Hibs fans felt he'd run out of ideas and any ability to move Hibs to the "next level".

GGTTH
You’re full of your usual crap I see- could’ve, should’ve, maybe could’ve, if this had happened, if we’d scored that penalty blah blah bloody blah,we’ve been shafted by VAR all season. Dry your eyes for goodness sake. For once in your life, take off your Hearts hating goggles and admit your beloved Hibs are just not a very good team. You are one sore loser Tynie. GIRUY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »