Thread Rating:
Hibs v Livingston, 24 Dec - Johnson's final match as Hibs manager???
Hibs first home game after the World Cup break and I must say I'll be surprised if they attain any positive result v the Lions with Johnson "running the show". We need a "lift" now, a good victory v a team Hibs should be beating albeit with an element of difficulty as they are well organised and their players play for their manager, no doubt - not sure that is the same scenario with all Hibs players under Johnson's stewardship!! I can only hope that the likes of Kevin Nisbet "steps up to the plate", scores the requisite goal(s), and dispels my serious concerns re the direction Hibs are going in under a manager with a worse record of failure than previous incumbents like Jack Ross. The Lions have been "run ragged" by Celtic in their 1st match back last night and fortuitous to only lose by one goal with the Hoops IMO not "fully finding their scoring boots" yet. I'm hoping Hibs can take advantage of a possible lack of match fitness and "weary legs" with a hi-press strategy that produces a win. We desperately need a win to boost everybody at the club incl the huge number of fans who will be showing up to back the guys through this festive period. C'mon Hibs and you as well Mr Johnson!! Lets focus on winning a footie match at home, a game that we should be winning with the resources and backing we have at ER Stadium!! Stop making it look difficult in a footie league that isn't exactly anything close to an exemplary standard when compared to lotsa other decent footie leagues in Europe.

GGTTH
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hi...vingston-0

4-0 and what a delightfully good day it has been for Hibs and Lee Johnson with an element of good fortune in seeing Holt given a straight red card after only 15 mins - that most certainly "helped our cause" in attaining an impressive result although it must be said that Hibs played very well anyway. Good to see Kevin Nisbet scoring another goal after his return from injury, Chris Cadden also bagging a goal plus an added bonus of a "brace" of goals from Kyle Magennis. Youan was my MOTM all the same as this guy really looked like the vg player that many Hibs folk thought he could turn out to be - coming out with all kindsa tricks and moves up front that were great to watch. Anyway, a good all-round team display from Hibs today and a "clean sheet" as well thanks to two pk saves from David Marshall. Well done!! Thumb up One can only hope this is the start of a serious revival after a long period of poor results and I can only "hope against hope" that Lee Johnson has also "found his mojo" as Hibs manager to "push on" with some positive momentum. Some words of caution though - Celtic are our next visitors on the fixture list! This will be a tough challenge v a team that already looks "better than the rest" and seems to be finding strikingly good form with masses of hi-energy forward forays. Try to take them on as best we can and hope we can add to the list of positive league results we've had v them in the past ten years at ER Stadium - almost a bogey fixture for them!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
I fear this is just a flash in the pan and conceding 2 penalties, along with not scoring in the final 40 minutes, re-inforces the problems that still exist. However we've stopped the rot to try to catch the teams just above us.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Nice to see us get a bit of a rub off the green so to speak....The sending off and early goals really helped settle us down.

Like Ritchie says its probably a flash in the pan but at least we carry something of a goal threat now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »