Thread Rating:
Scot Prem restart: Rangers v Hibs, 15 Nov, KO 8.00pm
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/jo...ngers-test

So we restart our footie season tomorrow night with a challenging match away to RFC and their new manager, Michael Beale. Lee Johnson professing Hibs have prepared well for this match by studying their players and Beale's previous tactics at QPR. Is it enough? I have my doubts after being concerned re Hibs recent woeful friendly display v Raith Rovers, a match they just won and the overall display from the players, who have had a good few weeks of rest and recuperation, not impressing at all. We'll see how this opening match at Ibronx ends up!! I'd luv to see a win of any kind although that is prob asking too much of this team. At least "give it a go" Hibs and play with commitment and resolve to try and turn round a footie season that has really been questionable so far with the ability of the manager being seriously debated.

GGTTH
Like at celtic park we might as well just go out and try and have a go. We are absolutely torrid though, the team has zero confidence.

The huns will probably get a lift from that fish lipped xxxx Beale arriving on the scene, it's an odd move by them though and surely one that admits they are skinto and need someone that knows that mess of a squad to try and salvage something this season.
0762 likes this post
HT 1-2 Hibs!! Hibs "up for it" and Porto the MOTM so far, playing in the midfield area and scoring the 1st goal with a bullet header. And a cracking second goal from Nisbet, an unstoppable shot about 40 secs after the Huns' equaliser from Sakala! Hibs could easily be 1-4 ahead after the 1st half!!! Rolleyes Youan??? What were you thinking about 2 mins before HT son FFS!!!??? Thumb down Plus another Morelos faux pas/assault , this time against Cadden 3 mins before HT, totally ignored by both establishment refs, the match ref and the guy on VAR!!!!!!! Thumb down Thumb down It's violent conduct!!! To ignore that incident outright is an outrage and worthy of further investigation!!! Anyway, all to play for in the 2nd half as we've "blown away" a poss decent lead v these #####!!!

Now 3-2!!! Thumb down Thumb down You don't "sit in" on a 1-2 scoreline v a team with such a dodgy defence!!! It was all looking good for Hibs to jump up to 4th place in the Scot Prem as those Huns were definitely there to be beaten tonight, but we needed a solid defence to complete the job on them after lotsa league fixtures (16?) of not turning them over!!! Hanlon at fault for every Rangers goal tonight and it just confirms what I've been previously saying re needing a really solid and uncompromising CB for months. IMO we dispatch Johnson to pick up his P45 after Livingston beat us in the next fixture at ER Stadium!! Showed some good signs of playing well during this game. However, the same frailties/criticisms exposed AGAIN after weeks of preparation for this testy match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumb down
xxxx knows what LJ told the team at the interval...2nd half was diabolical no one moving for the ball, awful on the ball and we just can't put in a 90 minute performance it seems.

A real shame cos some of our attacking play in the 1st half was good and we took the game to them and got in behind sevco easily. That hun defence was there for the taking. When those chances went a begging to add a third you just knew what was coming.

Good to have Nesbit back. Magennis did ok and i thought even the lesser sighted Mcgeady looked bright when he came on. But no doubt LJ has it all to prove now...we are on a diabolical run of form and the manager doesn't look like he can influence things positively.

I honestly believe that most of the other SPL teams would have got a result at ibrox the night.
0762 likes this post
Aye! Hibs could well be 2 pts off 11th place by Saturday night!!!! Thumb down Never mind waiting for the Livingston match to turf Johnson. IMO do it after confirmation of this dire situation following the Saturday Scot Prem results!!! F### knows what this clown says to players in the dressing room, it doesn't work!! Another eyeopener for me was the Morelos "incident" where it was very noticeable the lack of togetherness in confronting the fat boy as a Hibs team - surrounding him and intimidating him for that needless shove on Cadden!!! There's no close-bonding team there at all - CRAP!!!
You played well first half. You should have had the game won, but you lack a bit of finishing power without Boyle.

I'd worry about Cadden. If he can't stand up to that little shove from Morelos I hope you don't come up against any physical teams. I'm 70 and if Morelos could shove me over I'd be booking myself into a home. He's hardly a hunk of rippling muscle is he? Some teams have a towel on the side for the long throw guy, on the basis of that incident I'd go for a hanky instead to mop up the tears.

One decent slap and Morelos would be begging to be subbed.

Now the rest of the league have seen that they know what to do with Cadden ............ there used to be an apposite saying, "it needed a man not a shirt button."
I'm more concerned re the lack of solidarity and togetherness of Hibs players than the shove itself, which should've been dealt with IMO!! If you "lift your hands" against an opponent, then you "pay the price"!! I don't see why professional footie suddenly becomes different from other lower levels of footie where this kinda offence would certainly be penalised. I played enough footie matches in my time to see this action being deployed with authority, a case of "keep your hands to yourself, or else"!!
Anyone would think Morelos was in the chip shop queue the way he was going on Laugh Fat bastard.

A hibs player so much as looks at him the wrong way and they would get a red. I mean the refereeing was again laughable, hibs actually got done for trying to sneak a bit down the line for a throw in Laugh

Sevco are muck. They play like that against the Tims and they will get a hiding. I'd be embarrassed if i was manager of a so called big club to come out with some of the guff that fish lips has since he took over.
Beale shamelessly commented, post-match, he perceived his players were too "fired up" in the 1st half v Hibs!!!!???? Utter crap! The fact of the matter is that Rangers are not that good when they lose certain key players in their team. Their CBs were mince and they were lucky that Hibs balanced that weakness with Hanlon's shit performance, again losing focus at key moments in this match and well up there with his worst Hampden displays down the years in a Hibs shirt. Also I'm picking up a strong rumour that Hibs Head of Recruitment has been dismissed. IMO this should've happened months ago after observing some of the duds that Johnson is fielding, some of whom will never "turn a game" in Hibs favour no matter what kinda vg scoring opp arises - not good enough and should never have been recruited in the first place!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »