Thread Rating:
Killie v Hibs, Sat 12 Nov, KO 3.00pm
Well, this is an away match between two teams with form that is "hot n cold". Hibs previously stumbling to a 0-2 defeat to the Staggies and Kiliie given a real drubbing at Tannadice. Lee Johnson professing yesterday that he was still well backed by the Hibs hierarchy - is this the first indicator that he is actually being scrutinised by the club and the pressure is on him to get results? He is facing up to another team at the bottom of the Scot Prem and I don't think we can endure a defeat to another lowly club esp with higher aspirations to succeed - that is not in the "script" of Ron Gordon and other critical fans plus shareholders. I don't think we'll win this game on another artificial pitch that won't help our cause at all. I just hope I'm wrong and we'll see these players are made of positive stuff. Otherwise, I fear Johnson's fate is sealed.

GGTTH
Ah... the dreaded vote of confidence. Not that i think he is at any risk....yet anyway.

Killie are having a car-crash of a season and 3 points should be do-able. I'd go 4-4-2 with Elias and Myko up top and try and take the game to them. I'm really not sure about the 3-5-2 LJ has been using.

Lose this and i can see the fans finally lose patience.
FT and another dreaded defeat - 1-0 v a team that had previously been humiliated by Dundee United at Tannadice and is at the foot of the Scot Prem. To think we could've been in amongst the chase for that third spot, but incapable of doing that TBF - no shots on target up to that VAR pk for Killie!!!!!! Thumb down Hibs in freefall and it's time to f### off Mr Johnson. I must strongly disagree with any Hibs fans who think Johnson should hang on because of the whole standard of the Scot Prem being so shit that most of the teams are all "bunched together" just like last season - HE HAS TO GO!!! I'd sack him for the McGeady fiasco alone, something I've been livid about since the winger's expected early season injury. Johnson can't motivate a team, his decision-making is downright awful and I don't believe he was ever a lead manager from the very start of his tenure. You don't lose this type of fixture today and expect to stay on IMO and he should be resigning, never mind getting sacked.
The Killie PK was an absolute joke not to mention us having what looked a good goal disallowed. Sickening, as Killie did not look like scoring. We just seem to have no luck the now.

That aside it was bonkers to try and play Killie at their own game so to speak, tactically i think LJ is very naive and we just can't score enough goals. With some better performances we could have been clear in 3rd. Now we face the huns, sellick, livi and hearts as soon as we get back to it. Which could see us in real bother.

I just don't know, i can see the logic in hitting the reset now, but by the same token i'm not sure how much of the squad are his choices and a lot of these players have got Hibs managers the sack haven't they ? He had a full pre-season to work on ideas but on the other hand there are things wrong behind the scenes too.

Surely questions have to be asked of Ron Gordon ?
ritchiebaby likes this post
There are definitely massive questions to ask re the whole set up "behind the scenes" at ER Stadium. This same issue has been raised before and it aint going away. The signing of players has been a long-standing contention of lotsa Hibs fans, myself included. Gordon's preference of players of a certain age group has irked a lota fans who wanna see a good, balanced side. There are players currently wearing the Hibs jersey who are not worthy of that honour and we are currently witnessing the reasons why. I thought Stevo's post-match interview spoke volumes re the suspected probs "behind the scenes". Stevo noticeably reticent and clearly unhappy re events that he didnae wanna talk about. Lets face it, he is a Hibs legend, but still a paid employee of HFC and compromised!! Also down the years/decades, he has played with many top players at the club who eventually moved on - most of the current squad are very average footie players with very few "game changers" or guys who will consistently "bust a gut" for the club - Stevo knows this is the case!! The signing of a poor manager like Johnson, a coach with limited ability, has been done on Gordon's watch - a screw up although one can sympathise with Johnson if he has been restricted by the questionable corporate policy and scouting constraints of the club itself. I previously commented re the striking similarity of HFC to the demise of Dundee FC and the "cheap American chat" re their vision for the future and where they wanted to be. The presentation looked good, but their naivety re providing the footie on the pitch was glaring. The common factor is clearly American ownership and a great lack of knowledge re Scot footie and what the fans actually want. Gordon has spent a lotta time on improving the media presentation of HFC and the match day entertainment package on offer within the stadium. That's great in principle, but the football on the pitch has been relegated in comparison - the game content still matters immensely to all our fans and it has been diminished greatly!!! He has also not piled that much money into his great football vision that would see Hibs getting much closer to Celtic and Rangers - failed miserably so far!! There are various actions that can be taken now to prepare for a period after the Qatar World Cup when Hibs could well end up in a relegation battle by the turn of the year. Identify the weaknesses and try to organise and strengthen in order to counter this threat. Bring in free agents who could make a difference to certain positions??? "Bite the bullet" and consider some kinda "pay and play" negotiation with the likes of Leigh Griffiths?? Any viable option needs to be considered IMO. Btw I also gather that fans' protests will be "gathering pace" if Hibs and Ron Gordon don't "get the finger out" and really seriously deal with the same probs that have been festering for a good few footie seasons. Lastly, VAR has seriously "killed us"!! I'm wondering how many points Hibs would've actually accumulated if VAR had not been suddenly introduced three months into our Scot Prem season as we've been done on some really marginal VAR decisions covering goals scored and in one case at Tannadice one couldn't see any kinda footie offence that led to a vg Hibs goal when Hibs were on a decent unbeaten run until that Tannadice fixture. The team's fragility became very apparent after that awful result that was undeserved btw.
ritchiebaby likes this post
I totally agree about Ron Gordon. He's not interested in the football, it's all about making money. He sees a potential return on low investment and that's his business plan. Any success on the football field is a minor bonus as far as he's concerned.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Yep! I think a lotta Hibs fans finally sussed him out soon after Shaun Maloney's dismissal and certain comments that he said following that termination. I think the time will come where we, the fans, may well be placed in a difficult position to try and force him out eventually. He has a lot to prove that he is up to the task i.e. matching up to his "vision"!! Facta non verba.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »